We all want to save money on our electric bills. This is why we look for ways to do so and one of the offered solutions is through the energy-saving light bulbs.

These bulbs not only help us save money, but they are also kind to the environment. Unfortunately, the US Environmental Protection Agency is warning everyone that these light bulbs are actually toxic.

In case of a bulb breakage, the bulbs that you think can help you save energy release poison gas.

Oftentimes, we don’t care about disposing them that’s why they break when you throw them in the garbage bin. However, what’s more terrifying is when the bulbs break indoors. If this happens, they release 20x more mercury in the air and this can cause several problems, such as:

  • Dizziness
  • Migraines
  • Cluster headaches
  • Seizures
  • Anxiety
  • Inability to focus
  • Fatigue

More importantly, homeowners should know that these energy-efficient light bulbs actually increase your risk of cancer. Experts know this fact and they actually stay away from using these light bulbs. Instead, they choose the old-fashioned bulbs from before, the incandescent bulbs.

ALSO READ:   How to Detox Each of Your Organs

If you’re not convinced as to why you should ditch the light bulbs that you are using today, here are more specific reasons why you should switch to incandescent bulbs now:

1. Mercury

What probably attracts us to these new bulbs is the claim that they save energy. However, these bulbs also come with mercury, which is a neurotoxin that pregnant women and children should not come near to. It can damage the brain, the liver, kidneys, and the nervous system. Plus, mercury can also be bad for the heart, reproductive system, and immune system.Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs

2. Carcinogenic

A study performed at the Alab Laboratory in Berlin, Germany showed that the light bulbs that many households use now are poisonous carcinogens. This means that they can cause cancer due to continuous use.

3. Phenol

Aside from mercury, the light bulbs also have phenol, which is an acidic crystalline solid that is gained from coal tar. This white crystalline substance is also toxic.

ALSO READ:   24-Hour Strep Throat Relief without Antibiotics

4. Naphthalene

This is also a white crystalline material that is quite volatile. This is obtained through distilling coal tar. Naphthalene is used to create mothballs as well as in production of other chemicals.

The light bulbs that you use at home can be compared to having the sun in your own house. This is because these bulbs emit UV rays, particularly UV-B and some UV-C types of radiation. The more you get exposed to these lights, the higher your risk of acquiring cancer – particularly skin cancer. Save yourself and your family from this kind of threat. Use real safe bulbs to avoid attacks to your body and your whole system.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here