Oatmeal is considered a healthy grain, which is why many people choose to it as their day starter. However, oatmeal is not only for your tummy as this favorite breakfast food actually has a number of uses for your skin and hair.
Check them out:
Remove skin dryness with oatmeal, which contains polysaccharides that form a protective layer on the skin to prevent rashes, scales, and itching.
- One cup of ground oatmeal
- Lukewarm milk
- Mashed banana
Follow the steps below:
1. Mix the mashed banana and the ground oatmeal together.
2. Add the milk.
3. Stir until smooth.
4. Apply on your face and let it stay there for at least 10 minutes.
5. Rinse with cold water.
You only need cooked oatmeal for treating acne. Here are the steps:
1. Boil the oatmeal until it becomes soft.
2. Let it cool until it is safe to apply to your face.
3. Cover the affected area with oatmeal and leave it there for 10 minutes.
4. Rinse with water.
With saponins in the oats, you can remove oil and dirt from your pores without the irritation you could get from commercial products. Follow the steps below to add this to your beauty regimen:
1. Soak oats in water.
2. Get the oat milk.
3. Store in a bottle and let it cool in the fridge.
4. Use a cotton ball to apply the oat milk to your face.
5. Do this after you wash your face and skin.
Treat Dry Scalp
Dry scalp is often itchy. Just apply oatmeal onto your hair to help solve the problem. You will notice that your hair becomes healthier, softer, and shinier with each use. You can also use the same procedure if you have dandruff. It helps if you use oatmeal before you shampoo your hair for it to be more effective.
Combat Oily Hair
You can use oatmeal to remove excess oil on your hair. To do this, you need the following:
• One cup of ground oatmeal
• One cup of raw milk
• Shower cap
• Wide-toothed comb
Here are the easy steps to make oatmeal mask for your oily hair:
1. Mix the ground oatmeal and the raw milk together.
2. Immediately apply to your scalp and hair.
3. Use shower cap to cover your hair.
4. Let the mask stay for at least 30 minutes.
5. Rinse and use your regular shampoo.
For those who don’t have enough time to make the mask, using oatmeal as dry shampoo also works. All you need to do is sprinkle to the oats and massage to your scalp for about two minutes, brush with a wide-toothed comb and you’re good to go.