Ginger has that signature spicy and pungent flavor, but let’s not forget how aromatic this spice is as well. This underground rhizome is available all year round, so it is easy to add them to dishes to get that special flavor. Historically, this spice has been a part of many traditional medicines because it is well-known for being effective, particularly in alleviating gastrointestinal pain and symptoms. In herbal medicine, this is widely used as a carminative because of its ability to eliminate intestinal gas. It is also used as an intestinal spasmolytic, which refers to a substance that can soothe and calm the intestinal tract.
Today, there are many scientific studies that revealed just how helpful the ginger spice is because of its therapeutic properties. Without further ado, here are the top health benefits you can get from ginger:
1. If you have trouble finding your appetite, you can eat fresh ginger before you have your meal. This will fire up a dull appetite and get your digestive juices going.
2. Adding ginger to your daily diet is highly recommended. With the other foods that you eat from day to day, you will find that there are essential nutrients that you get from these foods but your body does not absorb them fully. Ginger can help in this process, so that your body absorbs and uses them correctly.
3. The ginger spice has the ability to tidy up the microcirculatory channels found in the body, such as sinuses. Eating ginger can help reduce the occasional flaring up of sinuses that could cause discomfort for you.
4. Ginger has gingerols, which is an anti-inflammatory compound that can help people with rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. This is possible by reducing their pain levels and even improving their ability to move when they eat ginger on a regular basis.
5. Ginger is also used in protecting the body against the development of certain cancers, including colorectal cancer. Gingerols still play a huge part in this health benefit because it is the active ingredient that can inhibit the growth of cells that cause the mentioned cancer. There are also studies that prove ginger can induce cell death in cells that also cause another type of cancer, which is in the ovaries.
Ginger is a super healthy spice with many benefits that go beyond curing stomach pains. It can help provide relief for people with intestinal distress as well as those who are at a high risk of acquiring certain cancers.