It is estimated that about 1.5% of the world’s population has vitiligo or leukoderma. It is a skin condition that is indicated by the loss of melanocytes, which are cells that produce melanin or the pigment in the layers of the skin. As a result, white patches appear on the skin. Aside from that, persons with vitiligo cannot tolerate sunlight, particularly those with large patches and are directly exposed to the sun.
Natural Vitiligo Treatments
While it is true that having vitiligo won’t cause physical harm, a lot of people suffer from embarrassment and psychological stress. This makes this skin condition not only a medical concern, but also a social stigma. Thankfully, there are natural home remedies that can help cure or at least manage vitiligo. Here they are:
1. Basil Leaves + Lime Juice
The leaves have antiviral and anti-aging properties, while lime juice helps in promoting melanin production.
- Get the paste of the basil leaves.
- Mix the paste and lime juice.
- Apply three times a day for six months maximum.
2. Turmeric + Mustard Oil
To use this treatment:
- Have 500 grams of turmeric.
- Soak the turmeric powder in eight liters of water overnight.
- Boil the next day until it is only 1/8th of the initial volume.
- Strain the liquid before mixing it with 500 grams of mustard oil.
- Heat the mixture until only the mustard oil is left.
- Apply the treatment twice a day.
3. Gingko Biloba
Take supplements or use the extract of this herb three times daily. A total of 120 mg can promote re-pigmentation.
Drink a glass of neem juice once a day to treat vitiligo.
5. Pomegranate Leaves
Here’s how to use the leaves for vitiligo:
- Get a handful of pomegranate leaves.
- Ground them until fine.
- You will need eight grams of the powdered leaves.
- Add the powder to a glass of water and drink twice every day.
6. Ginger Leaves
Ground the leaves and get the paste. Apply on the white patches daily.
You just need to eat raw figs to help purify your blood and improve blood flow. You can also roast the figs, ground them, and add water. This will give you a paste that you can apply on the affected area.
Eating walnuts every day can help treat vitiligo. You can also powder the walnuts and add water to them to make a paste.
It is also important that you don’t stress yourself, since stress can trigger genealogical disturbances. Whether it is physical or emotional, you should avoid stress as much as possible as this can promote the growth of vitiligo.