To have a healthy heart, you should also have healthy arteries, which are the ones responsible for carrying healthy blood to your tissues. If you don’t cleanse your arteries, plaque can build up and they will soon become clogged. As a result, blood flow is inhibited. You want to get rid of the plaque that is actually from cholesterol, fat, cellular waste, fibrin, and calcium.
The best thing about cleansing your arteries is that you only need to eat healthy foods. The following are artery-friendly foods that you should add to your diet right away:
1. Garlic – Adding garlic to your meals is one of the easiest ways to cleanse your arteries. According to a research held in Germany, regular consumption of garlic can prevent aorta hardening. It also reduces your bad cholesterol levels and provides benefits to the heart, especially for older people.
2. Pomegranate – A known exotic food, this fruit is helpful in clogging arteries as confirmed by a 2005 study published in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. This fruit has high amounts of polyphenols, vitamin C, and other antioxidants. It also helps in stimulating nitric oxide production, which keeps the arteries open and therefore making it easier for blood to flow.
3. Salmon – A fatty fish that is well-known for its health benefits, salmon can help get rid of plaque buildup. It has omega-3 fatty acids, including eicosapentaenoic acid or EPA and docosahexaenoic acid or DHA. Both can increase your HDL cholesterol or the good cholesterol, while reducing dangerous triglyceride levels and the occurrence of inflammation in your blood vessels.
4. Turmeric – Another well-known superfood, turmeric is a spice that you can add to your foods to help keep your arteries free from blockages. Turmeric is rich in curcumin, which is a compound that is very healthy and comes with several benefits, including lowering chances of inflammation and blood vessel damage.
5. Olive Oil – When buying olive oil, it always helps to go for extra virgin olive oil, which is extremely good for the heart. This type of oil comes with antioxidants, particularly the heart-healthy polyphenols. When combined with the oil’s monounsaturated fats, olive oil can reduce bad cholesterol levels, while improving good cholesterol amounts. As a result, plaque buildup in the arteries is greatly reduced.
Arteries are essential to the heart and blood flow. Naturally, the arteries are strong, elastic, and flexible, but deposits can make them hard, which restricts the distribution of oxygen-rich blood to the whole body. Add the superfoods listed above to cleanse your arteries and keep your heart healthy at the same time.