For many generations, there have been people in the Moroccan Argan Forest who have pressed the nut from the argan tree to extract some precious oil. The oil, until now, is used as a supplement, a way to nourish the skin and hair, and to provide relief from rashes and for faster wound healing.
Argan oil is a healing type of oil with high levels of vitamins A and E, along with linoleic acid, omega-6, and antioxidants. With these nutrients, the oil is clearly full of benefits and uses:
- Moisturizer: The oil is quickly absorbed by the skin and will not leave any residue. This is best applied at night after you have cleansed your skin. Pour just one drop into your palm and apply onto your face and neck in circular motion to reduce wrinkles with the help of vitamins A and E.
- Toner: Before you moisturize, use green tea with two to four drops of argan oil with a drop or two of any essential oil. Seal in a container and use morning and night.
- Exfoliant: For anti-aging effects, mix a tablespoon of brown sugar with two drops of argan oil. Rub on your face gently for two to four minutes and rinse with warm water after to remove dead skin cells, while keeping skin fresh.
- Anti-Acne: Argan oil is useful for people who are prone to acne, especially those who are in their 30s and 40s. The linoleic acid in the oil can decrease inflammation and help heal damaged skin. Just apply the oil onto your face to reduce acne, while argan oil with two drops of tea tree oil can fight white heads as well.
- Stretch Marks: Reduce the appearance of stretch marks by warming two to three drops of argan oil and rub onto the problem areas. The vitamins A and E in the oil can rejuvenate the skin and improve elasticity.
- Razor Bumps: Soothe the affected skin after shaving with argan oil by putting it onto your hands and massage on the area.
- Conditioner: You can style your hair better if your hair feels softer and smoother. Argan oil is non-greasy, so you can use it as a leave-in conditioner. Depending on your hair’s texture, thickness, and length, use one to three drops.
- Lip Conditioner: It’s not only for your hair, but for your lips as well. Just rub one to two drops onto your lips and wipe the excess oil to heal cracked lips, while keeping it soft and smooth.
Aside from the uses above, argan oil can help lower cholesterol with its plant sterols schottenol and spinasterol. It is also anti-inflammatory with its flavonoids that can help treat internal and external inflammation.