When people talk about mold, they often mean the fuzzy stuff that grows on the food leftovers. Some mean the shower scum that usually develops on the tiles of the bathroom when you got too lazy to clean.

While mold is a sign that you have been neglecting your cleaning duties, it can also mean danger because it is TOXIC.

Mold Toxicity

Signs that mold is affecting your health can mimic other conditions and diseases. The worst part here is that there are more than a hundred symptoms of toxicity due to mold. This is why it is difficult to diagnose if a person is suffering from a health problem because of mold. However, there are some symptoms to watch out for including:

  • Asthma
  • Fatigue
  • Weight fluctuations
  • Insomnia
  • Headaches or migraines
  • Brain fog

It’s strange that mold can even change your personality, but this is one of the most obvious signs to look for when you suspect there’s mold toxicity. If there is no obvious reason for your rage, which causes you to experience extreme mood swings, this is a potential signal that mold is affecting your health. Mold can damage amygdala, which is a part of a brain that when damaged can devastate work and relationships.

Who is Prone to Mold Toxicity?

According to statistics, 28% of the world’s population is more sensitive to mold than others. This causes them to experience more severe symptoms that appear quite suddenly. But the remaining 72% is not safe or immune because we are all at risk of exposure.

There could be toxic molds hidden in your house.
There could be toxic molds hidden in your house.

How to Be Safe from Mold

If you think your house is safe because you can’t see mold, this doesn’t mean there really is no mold. To be on the safe side, make sure you check your home, your workplace, your car, and all kinds of places you stay at. Toxic molds spread chemical poisons that remove the other molds and bacteria, so they don’t have competition for your food. Unfortunately, these chemicals can directly affect your body and your health, causing you to have allergic reactions. Toxicity may continue even after mold spores are eliminated.

Even if it’s not in plain sight, mold can grow under your bathtub where there could be leaks. Worse, mold can grow behind a wall, so no one can see it. Mold can also follow you around because they generally produce airborne toxins that can attach to your personal items, such as your clothes. The first step to be safe is to remove all areas that may have mold in your environment. Then, get rid of the toxins from your body by eating a well-balanced diet and follow the orders of an experienced practitioner.