Whether to shower in the morning or at night has been a tough age-old question. There is no specific scientific evidence that points out which one is the superior time for showering. Some people choose their time of the day based on their personal preference, while others pick based on their schedule.
To make it easier for you, here are the benefits for both day and night showering:
Why You Should Shower in the Morning
1. There’s usually no need for coffee. If you’re trying to decrease your caffeine addiction, showering in the morning is a good solution for you to become alert and awake.
2. Your face will remain clean throughout the day. If you have oily skin, this will benefit you. Morning showers can clear the pores and remove the oils that build up from the night before.
3. It is easier to shave. Men who need to shave can make the task easier and smoother by showering first before they shave. This is because showering can soften facial hair.
4. You will have better hair for the most part of the day. If you don’t shower in the morning, you will notice how stubborn your hair is. Get rid of bed head by washing your hair after you wake up. This is especially helpful for those with thick hair.
5. Remove night sweat from the body. If are usually sweaty at night, it makes sense to shower in the morning. Not only will you feel fresh, but you will also look fresh.
Why You Should Shower at Night
1. You won’t be late for an appointment. If you usually stay in bed for extra minutes after the alarm clock goes off, showering late at night will cut about 30 minutes from your daily routine.
2. You can enjoy better quality of sleep. According to a research conducted in Finland, showering or bathing at night can improve sleep quality. When you wake up, you will feel more relaxed and rested. The study even claims that showering at night can help you wake up looking better.
3. Your sheets will stay clean. Although this may not be a huge benefit for you, sleeping in clean sheets can save you time and effort in washing them every time they get dirty. Those with acne, body odor, or hygienic problems are recommended to shower at night.
Depending on your situation, it will now be much easier to pick whether you should shower in the morning or at night with the reasons above.