There are over 4,000 cockroach species, but not all of them invade homes. Those that stay at houses love the warm environment.
Cockroaches are a nuisance once they take over your home and it is easy for them to do so since the female roach can have up to 40 eggs at a time. But cockroaches are nocturnal, which makes them difficult to detect especially during the early phases of infestation. You don’t have to stay up all night to catch those annoying insects.
Here’s a recipe that you can turn into very easy homemade bait for cockroaches. All you need are three ingredients:
- Baking soda
You will also need a whisk, a bowl, and a cover of an old jar. With the ingredients ready, here are the very easy steps to follow:
- In a bowl, put one cup of sugar.
- Add about a quarter cup of water.
- Allow the sugar to dissolve in water completely. Use the whisk to make the stirring easier. The dissolved sugar will attract the cockroaches so that they will try to get near the bait.
- When the sugar is dissolved, add one cup of baking soda, which will actually be the cockroach killer.
- Stir the mixture until you get a thick paste.
- Put this bait where you think there are cockroaches, usually in dark places, such as under the beds, under your fridge, or in your basement.
The good news about this bait is that it is safe for your family as it is free from chemicals. Take note though that this treatment can only kill cockroaches individually and not the whole population. You need to eliminate the nest itself, which is the root cause of the problem. Use this homemade bait as a complement to a treatment that is capable of wiping out the entire family of cockroaches, since not all roaches will find your trap. Roaches have their nests, usually in hard to reach places, such as wall crevices and floor cracks. With this idea, it can be a bit easier to target those nests and eventually kill the entire cockroach population in your house.
Once you see that your home is invaded by cockroaches, get ready to do some cleaning and make sure to find a way to eliminate them right away, such as the bait recipe above. This is because cockroaches not only damage your home, but can also harm your health.
IMG: YouTube: HomeHandyHints