As a standard, we are advised to drink eight glasses of water every day to allow our body to function normally. There is certainly no downside when it comes to keeping yourself hydrated. Not only will this help you flush out the toxins, you also have to take a trip to the bathroom frequently, so you get up more times daily – another great health benefit.
However, if you want to shed extra pounds, you should start drinking water, preferably 30 minutes before a meal. This very simple task is confirmed by the researchers from the University of Birmingham in England to be truly effective in helping people lose weight.
This particular study comprised of the following facts:
- 84 obese adults were recruited.
- The participants were divided into two groups: one with 41 members and the other with 43.
- The first group was told to consume 16 ounces of water 30 minutes before they eat.
- The second group with43 members were told to believe their stomach is full before they had their main meal.
- The study went on for about 12 weeks.
- By the end of the experiment, it was discovered that the group that drank water before eating lost an average of three pounds more than those who just imagined themselves with full stomachs before a meal.
What is even more incredible about the results is that the people who drank water before eating all three meals every day for 12 weeks lost almost 10 pounds during the course of the study.
A Very Simple Way to Lose Weight
According to the author of the study, Dr. Helen Parretti, what they have discovered has the potential to provide the public with great information about how to become healthier and slimmer in the most natural way. While there are several factors that contribute to losing some pounds, the researchers took note of the participants’ activities and calorie intake. But there wasn’t enough difference to consider some changes a huge influence on the weight loss of the subjects. What was even more astonishing was the fact that most people in the group that did not drink water before meals worked out more and longer than those who consumed water.
If you are trying to lose weight, drinking water 30 minutes before you chew on your meals can be one of the easiest and most effective methods to boost your metabolism.