Bananas are not just for monkeys. With several health benefits to offer, these fruits should be a part of your diet. As one of the most consumed fruits, the banana does pack a nutritional punch. Here are some of the reasons why you should eat bananas every day:
1. Bananas can help you fight depression. This fruit comes with high amounts of tryptophan, which becomes serotonin. You may already know that serotonin is a brain neurotransmitter that is responsible for your happy mood.
2. Bananas can give you more energy. After a strenuous workout, you probably have no more energy left. Eat two bananas to have the energy you need to get through the day. Two bananas after a workout also help in sustaining your blood sugar.
3. Bananas can fight muscle cramps. Eating bananas daily can help fight muscle cramps, which usually happen during workouts. If you also experience leg cramps at night, you can also get relief by consuming bananas.
4. Banana has calcium. When you urinate, your calcium levels drop. You can counteract this effect by eating a banana. Since this fruit has calcium, it can also help in strengthening your bones.
5. Bananas can make you happier. When you eat a banana, your mood can improve. This fruit can also reduce symptoms brought to you by premenstrual syndrome (PMS). This is because bananas regulate blood sugar and creates relaxation that relieves you from stress.
6. Bananas can help reduce swelling. The fruit has properties that can alleviate swelling of many parts of the body. It can also help protect you against various diseases, including type 2 diabetes. Aside from this, bananas can help you achieve your weight loss plans due to its high fiber content.
7. Bananas have iron. Bananas are rich in iron that can relieve anemia and strengthen your blood.
8. Bananas have potassium. This fruit is known for being high in potassium, which is a mineral that can lower blood pressure, provide protection against stroke and heart attack, and prevent kidney disorders.
9. Bananas have pectin. Pectin is a soluble type of polysaccharide that can aid your body as it digests your food. It also helps remove heavy metals and toxins that are harmful to the body.
10. Bananas have antioxidants. This yellow fruit is actually rich in antioxidants, which can help you in eliminating free radicals. It will be much easier to fight off chronic diseases.
Bananas are definitely nutritious and come with several health benefits. Since they are available all year round, there is no reason for you not to have some bananas at home.