Eat ginger to get away from danger.
Ginger has been a part of traditional medicine for years and years – and this is not a coincidence. Science today has proven that there are benefits you can gain when eating ginger. But it is even more effective if you consume the root plant every day.
If you’re one of those individuals who are not so fond of eating ginger, here are some of the superfood’s incredible capabilities that will change your mind:
1. Ginger is your heart’s friend. Eating ginger can lower your cholesterol. One study, which was conducted for 45 days with 85 high-cholesterol people, showed that consuming three grams of ginger powder every day can significantly reduce cholesterol. This can benefit the body since low cholesterol can reduce risk of hypertension, stroke, and especially heart disease.
2. Ginger helps provide relief for common cold. If you eat ginger every day, you will become more resilient to common cold, even helping you reverse colds so you don’t get them. Ginger contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties, including its most active component, gingerols. This is a bioactive substance that can lower the risk of infections.
3. Ginger is good for the nauseous. Whether you’re pregnant or not, ginger can help relieve nausea.
4. Ginger is a remedy for stomach discomforts. Any type of stomach problem, from flatulence to indigestion, ginger can help you with them. Consume it to even reduce gastroenteritis and instances of diarrhea.
5. Ginger can help cure migraines. If you keep having migraines, one good natural remedy is ginger. Eating this root plant can help counteract substances that cause inflammation in the blood vessels of the brain. It is even compared to sumatriptan, the drug typically used to cure migraine. In one study, people with acute migraine were studied. It was later discovered that ginger is as effective as the drug, but has milder side effects.
6. Ginger helps you lose weight faster. Because ginger has the ability to improve digestion and speed up your metabolism, it can be used as a great complement to keep your body in shape. Drinking or eating ginger in the morning every day can reduce hunger pangs, according to a study by the Columbia University. Also, you get to burn 43 calories by simply eating this superfood.
Aside from the ones mentioned above, ginger can also improve your sex drive, freshen your breath, and helps reduce sleep problems. With these many benefits, ginger should definitely be a daily part of a healthy diet.