If you need help upping your healthy food intake, you can turn to smoothies, which can either have fruits or veggies and protein. It is important to know that not all smoothies are good food choices, but they are often a better alternative to meals that contain very high amounts of carbohydrates as well as those fatty foods you are used to.
Oranges are a good ingredient to include in smoothies. Not only are these fruits rich in vitamin C, they also provide dietary fiber, vitamin A, copper, potassium, and calcium among many others.
Here are some smoothies that have oranges in their list of ingredients:
Dreamy Orange Smoothie
This low-calorie smoothie not only refreshes you but also gives you fiber, protein, carbohydrates, and sodium.
- One peeled orange
- Two tablespoons of orange juice concentrate, frozen
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ¼ cup of fat-free yogurt
Just combine all the ingredients, put four ice cubes, and you’re good to go.
Orange Smoothie for Diabetics
For those who need help in balancing their blood sugar levels, this smoothie is good for you.
- Two small bananas, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup of cooked sweet potato
- One orange with peel and seeds removed
- ½ cup of vanilla yogurt, low-fat
- One cup of milk
Make this energy-restoring and weight loss helping smoothie with the following steps:
1. Juice the orange.
2. Now, add all the ingredients in a blender. You can substitute milk with soymilk.
3. Blend until smooth.
Orange and Mango Smoothie for Diabetics
Here’s another recipe for people with diabetes that makes two to four servings:
- One large mango, peel removed, pitted and chopped
- One orange, peel removed and wedged
- One and one-third cups of skim milk
- One cup of vanilla yogurt, fat and sugar free
- Two scoops of protein powder, vanilla-flavored
Like every other smoothie, combine the ingredients and mix until smooth.
Banana Orange Smoothie for Weight Loss
If you keep your calorie count to a minimum, here’s a smoothie you will love:
- One orange, sliced and seeded
- One banana
- One cup of orange juice
- ½ cup of yogurt, low-fat
- Six ice cubes
Follow the steps below for this smoothie:
1. Blend the juice, fruits, and yogurt.
2. Add ice cubes and blend again.
Orange Smoothie for Your Teeth
All the ingredients in this smoothie are good for your teeth and oral health:
- One orange
- Three apples
- One avocado
- Two kiwis
- Three mint leaves
All these smoothies are easy to make with the typical method of combining the ingredients in a blender and blending them until smooth and creamy. Whether you want a healthy dose of vitamins and minerals or you want a power snack in the afternoon, orange smoothies are a great option.