For many years and until today, Tibetan medicine is popular all over the world. One big reason behind this is the fact that natives of Tibet have had very long lives. For those who want to increase their longevity, they seek for customs and recipes that are traditional to the Tibetans. Among the most popular in Tibet is their tea, which uses healthy ingredients. In this recipe, the ingredients are healthy, most especially ginger.
Why Use Ginger in Your Tea
Ginger is a spice that’s long been known to be jam-packed with a lot of health benefits. It is especially recognized for its ability to boost the immune system. This is why many people add ginger to their drinks or to their meals to avoid colds in the winter. Ginger’s benefits seem endless with a long list of health gains you get, including:
- Fatigue and chronic exhaustion
Ginger has gingerols, which are the active substances found in this spice that help the body fight inflammation and damage caused by oxidation.
To make the Tibetan tea, here are the ingredients you need:
- Two liters of water
- Five grams of shredded ginger
- Two tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Ground hot pepper
- One pinch of anise
- One tablespoon of honey
With the ingredients above ready, follow the steps below to prepare the tea:
- Boil the two liters of water. It is recommended you leave it in heat for five minutes.
- Once done, leave the water to cool down just a little bit.
- One by one, add the ingredients in the water.
- Cover for 10 minutes or until the mixture completely cools down.
- Don’t add the ingredients while the water is still too hot. Wait for it to be lukewarm, so that the ingredients, especially ginger, do not lose their health benefits.
- Consume sip by sip at regular intervals throughout the whole day.
- If you want to drink one glass, consume 30 minutes before you eat your meals.
The measurements of ingredients can serve up to three people.
Why Drink This Tea
There are so many reasons why you should consume this tea every day. The ingredients are healthy, from ginger to lemon juice to honey. Even ground pepper and anise have health benefits. Combining all their medicinal properties together, it is easy to see that this tea can improve your health and can therefore increase your lifespan.