There is mounting evidence that nuts and seeds are good for your health. Many studies have shown that they are great sources for vitamins and minerals. They also contain protein, good fats, and fiber that your body needs. They are also said to be effective at fighting off cancer, which is why adding them to your diet is highly recommended.
Best Nuts to Eat
Here are the top choices for the healthiest nuts:
1. Almonds: According to some experts, this is the healthiest nut. Almonds have calcium, magnesium, selenium, and vitamin E. They also high amounts of fiber and can prevent high cholesterol and cancer.
2. Walnuts: While others say almonds are healthiest, there are also some that believe walnuts are healthier. Walnuts are helpful to the health of your brain and heart. The ellagic acid walnuts contain can ward off cancer.
3. Pecans: Vitamin E, vitamin A, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, manganese, zinc, and folate are just some of the nutrients you get from this healthy nut.
4. Brazil Nuts: You can get protein, niacin, fiber, copper, and vitamin E from Brazil nuts. They also contain high amounts of selenium.
5. Cashews: Although cashews are not recommended for people with cancer, they are still considered healthy nuts. They have copper, magnesium, biotin, and iron. Unlike other nuts, this is not high in fat and has high levels of oleic acid, just like the healthy olive oil.
Best Seeds to Eat
As for the seeds, here are the healthiest seeds you can find:
1. Flaxseeds: Add flaxseeds to your diet, particularly in your oatmeal or smoothies to gain benefits, such as fiber and lower risk of heart disease, diabetes, and stroke.
2. Chia Seeds: These are also very healthy seeds that can give you omega 3 oils, antioxidants, calcium, fiber, and protein. You can also use them in your smoothies to get that crunch.
3. Hemp Seeds: When it comes to beating cancer and heart disease, hemp seeds are among those that you can turn to. They have high amounts of fiber and protein, along with omega 3 and 6.
4. Sunflower Seeds: These seeds come with phytochemicals, so they are extremely effective in beating cancer. They are also helpful in the prevention of heart disease. Sunflower seeds have vitamin E, copper, and selenium.
With these many health benefits, there is no question that you should add seeds and nuts to your daily diet.