Coca-Cola is arguably the biggest brand of soda. On a hot summer day, you probably want to refresh yourself more with Coke (or any other brand for that matter) than with water. What you didn’t know about your favorite carbonated drink is that it can actually be used for cleaning, for your food, for improving your appearance, and yes, for your health as well.
Besides drinking soda, here are 22 different things you can do with a can or more of this fizzy drink:
1. Get rid of grease stains from fabric or any clothing.
2. Remove rust by dipping a fabric, aluminum foil, or sponge in Coke.
3. Make your coins look like new by leaving them submerged for a day in a glass of Coke.
4. Clean your toilet with Coke just like you would with other chemical cleaners.
5. Get rid of blood stains.
6. Use Coke on burned pots and pans by pouring the liquid to them and bring it to a boil.
7. Make a teapot look like new by filling it with Coke and leaving it overnight to remove scales inside.
8. Remove grout by wetting the affected area and wiping with a clean cloth afterward.
9. Soak your carpet with marker stains using Coke for a few minutes, blot up the excess fluid, and dilute with water.
10. Get rid of permanent marker on your dry ease board by soaking it with Coke for a few minutes.
11. Pour soda down your clogged garbage disposal, wait for a minute or until fizzing stops, and then rinse with boiling water.
12. Combine beer, ammonia, soap, mouthwash, and regular Coke to spray your lawn and keep it green and healthy.
13. Repel bugs by filling a bowl with soda to draw the insects to the sugar and not to you and your food.
14. Remove oil stains in your garage or driveway by pouring over them before scrubbing with a brush.
15. Pour Coke on a hair with gum.
16. Remove bad hair dye job with a can of Coke.
17. Give your hair a bit of moisture by washing it with Coke every week.
18. Drink diet Coke to relieve you from nausea or a queasy stomach.
19. Ease jellyfish venom and soothe your pain by pouring soda onto the area where you got stung.
20. Add fudge brownie mix to a can of Diet Coke to have that perfect moisture in your brownies.
21. Mix ketchup and Coke, along with seasonings and Worcestershire sauce to get amazing barbecue sauce.
22. Add a can of soda to your pot roast, which will tenderize it while adding extra flavor.
Whether you want to clean your home or give your meals a boost, soda indeed has a lot of uses aside from serving as refreshment.