Superfoods come with a lot of nutrients. They generally have anti-inflammatory benefits, so you become healthier and free from illnesses.
Superfoods, such as dark leafy greens, pumpkin seeds, and lemon are among the healthiest foods in the world. But what happens when you can combine them all in an appetizing salad?
You get even more nutrients and you can enjoy their benefits since you meet all the demands of your body. So what’s in this super salad? Here are the ingredients:
- Two cups of spinach – Essential for your bone health and muscles and phytonutrients that decrease inflammation
- Half a cup to one whole cup of quinoa (cooked) – Rich in manganese, magnesium, iron, fiber, zinc, and copper
- Two tablespoons of pumpkin seeds (raw) – Great source of vitamin E and zinc for healthier and stronger nails, skin, and hair
- A quarter cup of hemp seeds –Rich in protein and healthy fats
- Half to one whole cup of blueberries –Plenty of antioxidants with many health benefits, including for the eyesight, for the brain, and for the heart. Also good for diabetics and those with insulin resistance issues
- Fresh juice from two lemons –Rich in vitamin C, which goes through the cells to neutralize harmful free radicals
- Half an avocado (medium size) –Super source for magnesium, potassium, folic acid, healthy fats, fiber, manganese, copper, and vitamins C and K
- One tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (raw)
- One to two tablespoons of nutritional yeast – Good for people with vitamin B deficiency and is also rich in protein
- Sea salt (amount depends on your taste preference)
- Ground black pepper (also depends on your preference)
You can also add red pepper flakes if you want to make it a little spicier. To prepare, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Get a large mixing bowl.
- Rinse spinach well.
- Cook quinoa if it isn’t yet.
- Add the pumpkin seeds, blueberries, hemp seeds, spinach, and cooked quinoa in the mixing bowl.
- Mash the avocado into the salad. You can use the back of a fork to achieve this.
- Add the lemon juice. If you have fresh lemons, squeeze them to get the juice.
- Add the black pepper, apple cider vinegar, and sea salt. If you have the red pepper flakes, now is the time to add them.
- You can adjust the flavor based on how you like it. You can also adjust the amount or quantity of the ingredients by considering your health goals, your energy requirements, and your hunger.
You can also add more protein to this super salad. Make sure you eat this regularly to enjoy the real benefits of having superfoods in your diet.