Many people grumble about the cold weather. It’s not only the time for cough and cold, but it is also when most of us just stay at home to remain under the covers. It is indeed surprising that the frigid temperatures and all that wind can actually be great for you. Health experts agree that the cold weather can provide benefits for the mind and body than the summer months:
1. It has been reported that walking after a fresh snowfall is not only exhilarating, but can also help lower stress levels.
2. The cold weather can also help you burn calories faster.
3. Being exposed to the cold can give your mind a lot of benefits, including it can help you think more clearly. Emotionally, it can help improve your self-image.
4. You don’t have to stay under the covers all day long when it is cold outside. You can actually spend more time with your loved ones. Talk to them, sip tea with them, among many other activities. All these bonding times with other people are good for the body, mind, and spirit.
5. During the cold season, you may have noticed that you have more energy. This is because walking in the cold can help you use your energy properly. Even more good news is that you don’t have to stay in the cold for a long period of time.
6. Most people have a hard time sleeping during summer, but not at times with cooler temperatures, which can help you sleep better. If you’re an insomniac, you have a higher body temperature. This means it would be helpful for you if your bedroom is slightly cooler than normal. The optimal temperature is around 60 to 68 degrees F, which is optimal for sleep.
7. If you have noticed that there are fewer mosquitos buzzing during the cold season, this is because pesky bugs, including these biters, freeze to death at this time of the year.
8. For athletes and those who run regularly, exposure to cold weather can boost recovery, especially those who are suffering from damage and pain related to exercise.
9. Winter is actually the time of the year that has a clean air, which means we breathe better air quality. So take a deep breath and enjoy healthier lungs.
10. During cold months, there is no need for makeup because of the temperature can cause natural redness on the cheeks. The cold can train the blood vessels in your skin to become even more responsive and therefore giving you rosy cheeks.
Make sure you dress the part as you need layers and layers of clothing to keep you from freezing yourself in the cold.