A growing number of research shows that more and more people have bacteria in their stomach. The gut does have bacteria and this is normal to a certain extent.
However, if imbalance between good and bad bacteria occurs, this can wreak havoc to your digestive system and eventually, your whole body. Thankfully, there are ways to cleanse the stomach and one of them is by simply eating the following superfoods:
1. Oranges: Eating oranges can help cool the body, while cleansing the stomach. It becomes easier to digest the food you have consumed. Further, this citrus fruit is rich in vitamin C and has an alkaline effect. These two descriptions make oranges effective in fighting germs and improving the body’s immunity against diseases.
2. Garlic: Many people set aside garlic when they find it in their plate. But this herb is actually generous when it comes to giving health benefits. Eat garlic to cleanse your stomach and your intestines. This is particularly helpful for people who have parasites since garlic can clear them from your bowels. Additionally, this herb is protection against bacteria, fungi, and viruses.
3. Coconuts: Not only are coconuts refreshing, but they are also helpful in killing the parasites in the body, especially in the digestive tract. The big fruit is not the only superfood here because you can also use coconut oil (cold pressed) to cleanse your stomach. This oil contains medium chain fatty acids, including capric, caprylic, and lauric acid, which all have anti-fungal properties.
4. Strawberries: These fruits act just like oranges. Strawberries are good for your stomach and the overall wellbeing of your digestive system. In fact, they are considered as the fruits with the highest amounts of antioxidants, according to Health and Living Online. Because of the high antioxidant content, strawberries are quite effective in dealing with viruses and germs in the stomach. Add more strawberries into your diet to get rid of the toxins, while building up your immunity against germs that can cause cancer and clogged blood vessels.
5. Chia Seeds: These seeds may be quite tiny, but they are great for your gut. Simply soak them in water for a few minutes and enjoy their jelly-like appearance and texture. Eating these seeds can flush out the toxins that cause constipation and other stomach problems. They also have omega-3 fatty acids, which can aid you in fighting inflammatory response of the immune system.
Add these superfoods to your diet to cleanse your stomach. Successfully keeping your stomach and your digestive system free from toxins can help you improve your digestion, give you energy, and even lose weight faster.