We’ve heard about zodiac signs as well as personality types and even the blood type diet, but here’s something else that’s making a lot of people curious: sleep animals. A sleep animal is a fresh new method to help us categorize or define how we sleep.
There are four types of sleep animal and here are their descriptions, so that you will know which one is yours:
You’re a wolf if:
- You can’t seem to wake up on time even with a lot of alarm clocks.
- You find it difficult to think straight until it is three PM – no matter how much caffeine you have had.
If you agree that you’re a wolf, here’s what you need to do:
- Use two alarms set around 7AM.
- Go outside and exercise to help you stay focused and gain the energy you so crave.
- If you’re still groggy, it is helpful to sleep as soon as you wake up to give you even more energy.
Meanwhile, if you’re a dolphin, here are your sleep characteristics:
- You are a light sleeper.
- You tend to be an insomniac because you can’t seem to turn off you’re your intelligent brain.
If you’re a dolphin, you make up 10% of the population and this makes this sleep animal the rarest type. To be efficient, dolphins should:
- Begin the day with an exercise routine at 6:30 AM.
- Eat breakfast an hour after waking up.
- Work from 10 AM to 12 PM.
- Brisk walk in the afternoon before working on something intellectually challenging.
- Stop using phones or any gadget at 10:30 PM and go to sleep an hour after.
Lions have the following traits:
- You wake up full of energy even if it is very early in the morning.
- You feel extremely exhausted early in the evening.
What should a lion do?
- Wake up early at about 5:30 AM.
- Plan your day ahead an hour and a half after you wake up.
- Meetings should be scheduled between 10 AM to 12 PM.
- Dedicate the afternoon to your work as you’re most productive from 2 PM to 4 PM.
- Exercise at 5 PM and sleep at 10 PM.
Finally, if you think you’re not any of the types above, you could be a bear. Here’s how bears are described:
- You like to sleep and you need a full eight hours to function.
- You take your sleep cues from the position of the sun.
If you believe this is your animal type, here’s what to do:
- Wake up at 7 AM.
- Start working out something short and simple.
- You have your energy at 10 AM to 12 PM, so do your work around this time.
- Nap in the afternoon, so you don’t feel tired at sunset.
- If naps aren’t possible, just rest for a few moments or meditate.
As you can see, you can use your sleep animal type to help you determine when you should sleep, eat, exercise, and perform tasks. This way, you will be more efficient with your work and you can be more productive.