For the last several decades, cases of antibiotics being overused have reached an all-time high. As a result, many people have experienced some form of damage in their digestive systems. Antibiotics are used to prevent and treat infections caused by bacteria. Ironically though, overusing these medicines can lower your natural immunity against all kinds of infections.
Instead of using antibiotics that you can buy at pharmacies, why not go back to basics? Before the hospital antibiotics came into existence, there were once natural antibiotics that you can actually still find so easily today:
1. Garlic – Many cultures around the world have used garlic as part of their traditional medicine treatments for thousands of years. In fact, garlic was utilized to get rid of plague back in the 1700s. This natural antibiotic comes with antiviral, antifungal, antibiotic, and antimicrobial properties. This can help remove bacteria that are not good for the body and also contains high amounts of antioxidants that eliminate free radicals.
2. Oregano Oil – The oil of oregano can sweep away pathogenic bacteria in the body without affecting beneficial bacteria. This oil is not only an antibiotic, but it is also an antifungal and antiviral, making it a powerful combination of natural medicine that can rival pharmaceuticals. The oregano oil that you should use should at least have 70% of carvacrol in order for it to be effective.
3. Manuka Honey – This is probably the most palatable when it comes to the list of natural antibiotics to try. Manuka honey can be applied topically to kill different kinds of pathogens, including bacteria that eat flesh and MRSA. This type of honey was also discovered to treat bacteria and keep bacteria away even after weeks of applying honey.
4. Cabbage – Cabbage has sulfur compounds that have been proven to be effective against cancer. However, what many don’t know about this cruciferous vegetable is that it contains a lot of vitamin C, approximately 75% of your daily requirement. It is a natural antibacterial can improve digestion and prevent diseases.
5. Raw Apple Cider Vinegar – ACV has so many health benefits that it is deemed as one of the healthiest substance found in the kitchen. It is a natural antibiotic that also has antiseptic properties that can naturally alkalize the body systems. ACV does not contain chemicals and can be used to disinfect or sterilize when applied topically.
Although there are plenty of antibiotics that are prescribed by doctors, natural antibiotics are still considered the better options. Aside from being free from unwanted chemicals, they also don’t have side effects that can make your pain worse.