You don’t have to look at statistics and research to know that it is not healthy to eat at fast food restaurants. In fact, data can prove that people who eat here indulge in high fat foods and so, they have extra body weight. However, there are instances where you may not have a choice but to eat at a fast food. For instance, you are on the road and you forgot to pack lunch. Fortunately for you, there are still some foods you don’t have to be wary of and these include:
• Grilled Chicken: Chicken is already considered a low-fat protein, so you know that’s good for your weight loss goals. If you are watching the amount of carbs you consume, don’t include the bun when you eat. Meanwhile, if you don’t need to add fat to your diet, order grilled chicken sandwiches that don’t have cheese and mayo.
• Salad: Don’t just pick any type of salad because they can actually fool you as they have more calories than other foods in this restaurant. Instead, go for a salad that has protein, such as broiled chicken. Check that the dressing is light. If possible, there should be no salad dressing and definitely no cheese.
• Vegetables: Some fast food chains do offer fresh vegetables. You can also go for steamed or roasted veggies.
• Hamburger: Yes, you can eat a single-patty without feeling guilty afterward. It is actually quite low in fat, as long as you don’t have a lot of sauce, such as mayo and barbecue sauce. If you want to use some sauce, go for mustard or ketchup. Add as many veggies as you can to get more nutrients as well.
• Baked Potato: AS long as you go easy on the toppings, baked potato is a healthy fast food option. It has potassium, which can lower blood pressure and also has fiber and vitamin C. When you eat baked potato, you will also feel satisfied, so you don’t have to eat other meals just to be filled.
Aside from knowing the foods that you can eat at a fast food restaurant, you should also be aware of the ones to avoid. Anything fried is a huge no-no and you should avoid sugary drinks as well. Don’t go for desserts, unless the options include fat-free frozen yogurt or fresh fruit. Also, don’t add French fries to your order and most certainly, don’t upgrade your meals to a larger portion.