Smoothies are considered among the best ways to lose weight, especially if you have them for breakfast. Sipping on smoothies for breakfast can give you nutrients, including fiber and protein that can help keep you slim. There are tons of recipes for smoothies. Whether you want fruits or veggies in these beverages, the following ingredients can guide you right to your goal, which is to lose weight:
1. Chia Seeds: These seeds are not only healthy because of the antioxidants, but also come with fiber and protein, which help you feel fuller for much longer. It also adds to the smoothie’s thickness.
2. Papaya: Have a papaya smoothie for breakfast, which is rich in enzymes that aid in digestion. Papayas are also rich in potassium, which is essential in getting rid of the extra sodium in the body. Drink this smoothie to help you debloat early in the morning.
3. Spinach: This green comes with calcium, fiber, and protein – all of which are useful in making you feel fuller, while helping you burn fat faster. Have a spinach smoothie after you have had an indulgent weekend.
4. Walnuts: If you don’t like chia seeds, walnuts can be used as substitutes. These nuts are a great source of healthy fats and protein, which aid in digestion and can improve your metabolism as well.
5. Avocados: This fruit is rich in monounsaturated fats, which are also known as good fats because they are good for your health. They not only lower your cholesterol levels, but also help stop hunger pangs. Avocados are also rich in oleic acid, which can benefit your skin. While this fruit is healthy, you shouldn’t have this in your smoothie every day or at least eat it in moderate amounts because it is high in calories.
6. Berries: Any kind of berries – strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries for example – can give more flavor to your smoothie. The great news about using these berries for your smoothie is that they don’t have a lot of calories and sugar. Even better, they are rich in fiber that your body will not be able to digest, so you stay full for a long period of time. These fruits are also rich in antioxidants that can promote your health.
7. Cayenne Pepper: Adding this ingredient will give your smoothie a kick. But the reason to add this to your drink does not end to the flavor it gives. Cayenne pepper can actually boost your body’s ability to lose weight because of a compound known as capsaicin. This compound can reduce carbohydrate and fat consumption of the body, while curbing your appetite.
Next time you have a smoothie, choose from the ingredients above to give it more benefits and cut the amount of time you need to lose weight.