Not everyone is lucky to have the luxury of time. Some are really busy people who may not even have enough time to take care of themselves, therefore leaving them unhealthy. While there may be nothing you can do with time, there are quick ways on how to improve your health. All you need is 60 seconds or less.
1. Hugging someone can improve your healthy by making you feel happier and calmer. This results to slower heart rate and lower blood pressure.
2. Smiling does not just take years off your face, but also shows everyone that you are happy. According to a research conducted in 2010, those who smile the widest are those who live the longest. Whenever you are feeling lonely, give smiling a try.
3. Laughing has always been considered the best medicine and this is definitely true. When you laugh, you help the body get rid of stress in the most natural way. Try it now; it only takes a minute or less.
4. Washing your hands is a simple way to stay healthy and it only takes roughly 20 seconds. By washing regularly, you effectively lower chances of getting attacked by bacteria and viruses that cause diseases. In fact, many communities have discovered that washing hands can lower instance of diarrhea up to 31%. Respiratory illnesses are also decreased by 21%.
5. Avoiding computer glare every 20 minutes by looking at something that’s 20 feet away for about 20 seconds can help you maintain not only your eyesight but also your health. The 20-20-20 rule applies to everyone – even those who work in front of computer screens.
6. Protecting your skin does not just sustain your skin’s appearance and texture, but also your overall wellbeing. There are many ways to achieve this, including wearing sunscreen, seeking shade, and wearing the right clothing whenever you are outside. Doing these things can lower your risk of acquiring sunburn and even skin cancer.
7. Avoiding smoking can help you improve your health. If you have the urge to smoke, fight it and you will soon find that it goes away within two to three minutes. It only takes a minute or even less to get rid of the urge. Do something else, such as drinking a glass of water, taking deep breaths, or putting things in your mouth, such as hard candy or gum.
Being healthy sure takes commitment, but this does not mean you have to have enough time to take care of yourself. Sometimes, all it takes is to provide about a minute of your time to improve or at least maintain your health.