Peaches are tasty and juicy fruits. What’s even better is that they are full of nutritious benefits. With every bite, you get antioxidants, selenium, potassium, fiber, vitamin C, choline, and vitamin E. Peaches are thought to be a great fruit for people with diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and cancer. They are also known as stress relievers, digestive system-friendly, and can even aid in weight loss.
While it is still best to consume peaches in their natural form, you can spice things up just a little bit by adding them to your smoothies. Here are some recipes that will surely make you love the fruit even more:
Blueberry and Peach Tandem
Although a bit high in calories (approximately 220), this smoothie offers plenty of protein and fiber:
- ¾ cup blueberries
- One peach, chopped and preferably frozen
- ½ cup of Greek yogurt, nonfat and plain
- ½ cup of almond milk
- One tablespoon of flaxseed, ground
- Two tablespoons of honey
Here are the directions for this healthy smoothie:
- Blend the fruits first along with the yogurt, flaxseeds, honey, and almond milk. You can replace the milk with your favorite juice if you want. You can also add ice to the blender.
- Puree until smooth.
- Stir a few times and serve.
Kiwi and Peach Combo
Here’s a good and healthy smoothie that has a few variations.
- One banana, frozen and in one-inch chunks
- ½ cup of canned peaches
- One peeled kiwi fruit, ripe
You can process this like any other smoothie or you can use peach juice to make it thinner. If you want thick consistency, you can add some ice or just place it in the freezer. You can also add some ground flaxseed if you want.
Fresh Peach Smoothie
This is one of the easiest and yet the healthiest peach smoothies around. You don’t need anything else here, except:
- Two peaches, ripened and cut into pieces
- Two bananas
- Two frozen bananas
Here’s what you need to do:
- Blend the normal temperature bananas and the peaches until smooth.
- Place the frozen bananas and blend again.
Peachy Cinnamon Smoothie
If you’re into clean eating, this one is for you:
- One banana
- One cup of peaches, sliced and frozen
- ¼ cup of Greek yogurt, plain and nonfat
- One date, pitted
- One tablespoon of cinnamon
- One cup of organic whole milk
Just blend the ingredients together and enjoy up to four servings.
Smoothie for Weight Loss
If you’re trying to lose some of the unwanted flab, here’s a simple recipe that will help get rid of the fats away:
- One cup of peaches, frozen
- One mango, frozen as well
- One banana
- One cup of orange juice
- One cup of spinach
- One cup of water
Peaches are indeed healthy. If you have about 10 minutes to spare, you can make some smoothies instead of eating the fruit raw.