There are so many beauty products these days, but that doesn’t mean we all forgot about the classics. One of the iconic formulas that people have in their medicine cabinets is petroleum jelly.
This has been around for about 150 years and it still sticks to people as a multitasking cream that can be used for various tasks, including health and beauty tricks. Here are some hacks you’ve probably never thought you can use petroleum jelly for:
For Your Eyes
- If you’re using false eyelashes, remove the glue by applying petroleum jelly to your lash line using a cotton swab. Remove carefully after a few minutes.
- Remove eye makeup by simply coating your eyelids with the cream and use a tissue to wipe it off. This can actually work on all kinds of makeup.
- You can have longer eyelashes by dabbing petroleum jelly on it regularly.
- Get glossy effect on your eye shadow by adding Vaseline under it.
- Tame your brows by dabbing some of the cream and brushing them into place.
For Your Cheeks
- Get the bone structure you want (fake of course) by blending a small amount of petroleum jelly across your cheekbones. This will create a contoured effect.
For Your Lips
- If you forgot your lipstick and you have a red food dye around or a cherry Kool-Aid powder, just add it with petroleum jelly and you can have instant lip color.
- Remove your lipstick stains on your mouth by simply rubbing the cream on it.
- Exfoliate your lips safely by mixing the jelly with sugar and then rub gently.
For Your Hair
- Hair care products contain harmful ingredients and can damage your hair. Fight split ends using petroleum jelly by simply applying it to the damaged ends.
- Put some petroleum jelly on your hairline when you color your hair, so the dye won’t affect your skin.
For Your Skin
- Apply Vaseline on your heels and elbows to moisturize them.
- You can also use the jelly as face moisturizer. Don’t worry; it won’t clog your pores.
- Use petroleum jelly with sea salt as exfoliating body wash.
- After shaving, apply Vaseline to your skin so it doesn’t go dry.
- Vaseline works as lubricant for earrings.
- Apply petroleum jelly before you put perfume to make the fragrance last longer. This also works with lotions.
- If you can’t open a nail polish bottle, add Vaseline under the cap.
- Reduce dandruff by massaging the jelly to your scalp.
Petroleum jelly is also effective in treating minor wounds and can prevent diaper rash in babies. Whether it is for your skin, your hair, or any other things, petroleum jelly is indeed a versatile product that you can use for various purposes to save time.