If you are looking for supermarket shelves that are packed with nutrients, then look no further in the nuts section. It houses a wide range of nut options that regards your health with high value. As you scan the products, make sure that you read the labels. It is because some contain detrimental ingredients.
What are the Best Nut Choices?
Nuts are healthy snacks. Whether you are on a special diet or not, then this is the best choice. Here is a random list of nuts that you can chew on with satisfaction.
• Almonds, Cashews, and Pistachios. One problem encountered by weight loss enthusiasts is hunger pang. If you want this problem to be addressed, then simply reach a pack of nuts such as almonds, cashews, and pistachios. These kinds of nuts are housed with fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, and protein which are all essential in keeping your hunger at bay.
• Peanuts. Folate, brain-boosting fats, and Vitamin E are just some of the nutrients that the brain needs to maintain its integrity and prevent cognitive decline. If you are looking for these in your snacks, just grab some peanuts.
• Walnuts. One nutrient that can be found in all nuts is the omega-3 fatty acids. It is known to be healthy for the heart. However, there is a kind of nuts that offer more than just the omega-3. The walnuts contain high value of Alpha Linoleic acid (ALA) which suggests to be helpful in heart arrhythmia.
The Nut Choices You Need to Avoid
There are instances that set nuts from being healthy: first, your purpose for eating the kind of nut; and last, the manner of preparation.
• Macadamia Nuts and Pecans. If you are working out to get rid of excess body weight, then these nuts are not suitable as snacks. They contain high calorie and fats. Also, only a small amount of protein is present in them.
• Nuts with sugar content. There are nuts that claim to be healthy simply because they are nuts. If it is coated or tucked with sugar, chocolate, or cream, its purpose is eventually deterred. You may get the health benefits from nuts, but not much nutritional benefits from the other ingredients.
• Nuts packed with sodium. Beware on flavored and boiled nuts as they contain high amount of sodium. In just one serving, you might be already whopping on the daily recommended value of sodium.
Make the Best Choice
Without a doubt, nuts are best options as snacks. They are packed with nutrients that the body needs. You just need to be careful in picking up the right kind because they can be detrimental to your health.