You’ve probably heard that all kinds of diseases start at the colon, which is why it is essential to keep the colon and the digestive tract healthy.
The colon is critical to achieve good health for the reason that all the cells and tissues in the body, along with the liver – the main organ for detox – rely on the colon. This way, it becomes easier to get rid of toxins in the system.
Waste products from the food we eat are sent to the colon, so they can be safely excreted from within the body. This is also where hormones and nutrients are produced or absorbed, therefore making the colon a very important part of the body. This is already a huge reason why colon cleanse is needed, but if you need more reasons why, here are more:
- An average person has at least seven pounds of fecal matter in the colon, even if he/she moves bowels daily.
- Too much waste on the colon walls provides the perfect breeding ground for bad bacteria, viruses, yeast, and parasites.
- Detox pathways can become blocked, which can result to toxin buildup. An average person is exposed to more than 123 toxic chemicals daily from stress, water, food, air, and products used for personal care.
There are many ways to cleanse the colon, but some of the best techniques include:
- Colon Hydrotherapy: With the help of a colon hydrotherapist, the colon will bathe the whole colon with about 10 gallons of water.
- Home Enema: At home, you can cleanse your colon and this is done in between the sessions of colon hydrotherapy.
- Colema: A cross between an enema and a colonic in which it is a gentle colon cleansing solution you can do at home using a colema board, a surgical grade tubing, rectal tip, and five-gallon bucket.
- Natural: You can increase your fiber intake and drink more water to help cleanse the colon. Some foods are also naturally cleanse the colon, including lemons, apples, raw vegetable juice, and yogurt.
Your body will give you signals when the colon needs some care from you, such as:
- Diarrhea or constipation
- Fatigue and achy muscles and joints
- Fuzzy thinking
- Hormonal imbalance
- Difficulty breathing and/or congestion
- Cough and some flu-like symptoms
Before these symptoms appear, you should be regularly cleansing your colon. It is recommended that you cleanse your colon every six months or at least every year.