There are several methods you probably know about in improving your health. Most of them are pretty straightforward, making it easy for you to follow them, such as eat right, exercise regularly, and have enough sleep. But there are also some health tips that will leave you scratching your head such as the following:
- Spending less time with your boyfriend/girlfriend allows you to reduce stress, have more time to do important stuff, and generally care for yourself.
- While some people use coffee to become more alert, drinking this beverage can actually give you better naps. Consume about 200 mg of caffeine or two cups of coffee and take a 20 minute rest afterwards to benefit from the effect.
- Don’t brush your teeth immediately after eating, especially acidic foods (sports drinks, citrus fruits, and tomatoes among others). Wait at least 30 minutes before you grab a toothbrush.
- Whenever you’re tired and you need a boost, skip energy drinks. Even though they contain about five times more caffeine than a cup of coffee, they have more negative effects, such as nervousness, irregular heartbeat, and irritability.
- If you need to fit into a smaller piece of clothing as soon as possible, gain some muscle weight. Start lifting weights to replace your fat weight with muscle, which actually takes less space than the former.
- If you’re feeling hot, drink something hot as well. Instead of drinking iced coffee on a summer day, choose hot coffee to encourage your body to change its temperature. This will also increase the production of sweat, so you cool off naturally.
- When you’re bloated, you probably avoid drinking water – which is wrong! Some bloating cases are caused by dehydration, so drink some more fluids to get rid of the discomfort.
- When you’re hungry, you’d probably eat a 100-calorie snack of pretzels or cookies. But after that, notice that you actually become hungrier. Instead of carbs, choose protein-rich foods even though they are higher in calories.
- You may think drinking soda is a wise decision if you’re trying to lose weight. But research has revealed that obese people actually drink diet coke or beverages as they eat more calorific foods. Stay away from these drinks as well as those that are labeled “light” or “low-fat.”
- Avoid using antibacterial soap because there is no evidence they can reduce your chances of getting sick. What’s worse is that they have ingredients that can actually harm your health.
- Improve your mental capacity by writing down notes instead of typing them. You’ll observe that you actually remember the ones that you have written down more effectively than the ones you typed with a keyboard.
- Slow down when running, so you don’t use up all your energy and you get to run more miles.
- Get more energy after a long workday by exercising. This can actually improve your mood and even reduce fatigue.
- Call your mom if you are feeling down. While some avoid their mothers because they think they will become more stressed after the call, they can actually help you feel better whenever you need some TLC.
- Change your name to something positive, such as Joy or even have initials like W.O.W. According to studies, those with names like these actually live almost five years longer than average people.
And there you have it. These health tips may seem weird for you, but they are true and can really help you improve your overall wellbeing.