Whether you are trying to stay healthy with a new routine or you’re recovering from an indulgent break, detoxifying the body is a good way to help you feel great. Detoxification can get rid of that bloated feeling and can even give you more energy. What’s even better is that it helps in weight loss and improving your overall health.
To cleanse your body, here are some detox drinks that are easy to follow yet effective in bringing back your system’s healthy balance:
- ½ cup of yogurt
- Eight ounces of orange juice
- One tablespoon of flax oil
- ½ inch of ginger
- One garlic clove, small
- One tablespoon of lecithin granules
- One tablespoon of protein powder
- Four ounces of pure water
Simply add all the ingredients above in a blender and start processing. As alternatives, you can replace protein powder with spirulina powder. If you don’t want to use yogurt and you want something organic instead, choose bananas or strawberries. You can also add a tablespoon of lemon juice if you want.
- Three kale leaves
- Three carrots
- Two beets
- Two celery stalks
- Two cloves of garlic
- One turnip
- ½ cabbage
- ½ onion
- ½ bunch of parsley
- ½ bunch of spinach
Add to your blender and puree all the ingredients. Veggies are important in detoxing the body as they are effective in cleansing your digestive system.
Special Dandelion Tea
Dandelions themselves are rich in vitamins, particularly vitamin A. They also have minerals, including iron, calcium, and potassium. With this detox tea that uses dandelions, you will keep going to the bathroom to pee because this is a diuretic, which makes it flush away the toxins in your kidneys and liver. Here are the things you need:
- Six tablespoons of dried dandelion root
- 12 teaspoons of dandelion leaves
- Four cups of purified water
When you have the ingredients above, follow the steps below on how to make the tea:
1. Boil the purified water.
2. Brew the root and the leaves in the water.
3. If you wish, you can also add two teaspoons of dandelion leaves that you have crushed. Allow these leaves to brew for about 10 minutes.
Lemonade Detox Drink
Lemons are rich in ascorbic acid that is useful in cleansing the body. For this detox drink, you will need the following:
- Two tablespoons of lemon juice
- Two tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1/10 of a teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Eight ounces of purified water
Simply add the ingredients above in a tall glass. It is recommended that you drink at least six glasses of this cleansing drink each time you cleanse. Note that you will not eat anything when you drink this lemonade detox juice. It is important that you remember that although this drink can cleanse your system, it does not have all the nutrients your body needs. Limit the number of days you perform this detox technique to once a month.