Coconut oil has a number of benefits and it is also quite flexible when it comes to its uses. Here are 51 ways for you to use coconut oil:
1. Cooking: This is not a surprise though, but coconut oil when heated remains intact.
2. Butter Substitute: If you do run out of butter, use coconut oil for your pie crust, curries, brownies, or sauces.
3. Chocolate Treats: Add coconut oil to honey and cacao powder to make chocolate sauce for your tasty chocolate treats.
4. Absorb Nutrients Better: Add this oil to your food, such as steamed vegetables and even smoothies, so you absorb vitamins and minerals more efficiently.
5. Vegan Pie Ingredient: Put some coconut oil into your vegan raw pies to get great texture and taste. Also ideal for paleo treats.
6. Feel Fuller: If you feel that you are going to eat a lot, take one teaspoon of coconut oil to suppress your appetite.
7. Energy Booster: Coconut oil has medium chain triglycerides (MCT), which gives you energy better than coffee can.
8. Increased Metabolism: Coconut oil can help you speed up weight loss as it boosts your metabolism.
9. Better Digestion: Coconut oil acts like a lubricant to the digestive tract, so the food you eat passes through easily.
10. Ulcer Treatment: If you have ulcer. Coconut oil can help rebuild the walls of your gut and gives a sort of gluey effect so you can pass and digest food easier.
11. Balanced Blood Sugar: Coconut oil can improve your glucose tolerance levels while decreasing your cholesterol levels.
12. Balanced Hormones: Thyroid and adrenal glands get better nourishment when you consume this oil regularly.
13. Healthier Brain: Coconut oil can help in preventing and treating Alzheimer’s. It is also used in keeping a person sharper and more aware of the surroundings.
14. Healthier Immune System: The fat in coconut oil has lauric acid, which becomes monolaurin, a type of monoglyceride that kills lipid-covered viruses, protozoa, and bacteria.
15. Candida Overgrowth Treatment: This yeast and parasite can be killed by coconut oil’s lauric acid.
16. Ear Ache Reliever: If you have an infection, such as ear aches, simmer a small amount of coconut oil and add a garlic clove. Use this in your ear.
17. Parasite Fighter: Lauric acid also helps in killing parasites, fungi, and bacteria, so your body becomes a healthy environment that no parasites want to live in.
18. Lice Killer: Combine with anise seed extract, use coconut oil to get rid of lice.
19. Cold Sores Treatment: Eliminate cold sores faster and relieve pain as well.
20. Sore Throat Treatment: Add one teaspoon of coconut oil in hot lemon water to treat your irritated throat.
21. Fever Doctor: Coconut oil is said to have properties that reduce fever.
22. Burn Healer: This oil can heal burns faster and give you soothing relief instantly.
23. UV Blocker: Applying coconut oil before you go out can block UV rays up to 30%.
24. Sunburn Remedy: Coconut oil is considered cooling oil, so it can provide relief to a burning skin.
25. Anti-Inflammatory: Research has shown that coconut oil can reduce inflammation because of its analgesic activity.
26. Swollen Prostate Cure: Coconut oil can lessen the risk of getting prostate cancer and even boosts testosterone.
27. Hemorrhoids Reliever: It can also alleviate swelling of hemorrhoids and relieves you from pain.
28. Mosquito Bite Soother: Reduce the itching and swelling with coconut oil.
29. Flea Killer: Use on your pets to get rid of their fleas.
30. Baby Wipes: Use a paper towel or a fabric that can be reused and soak in hot water with soap and coconut oil for wiping baby’s bottom.
31. Diaper Rash Remedy: Relieve discomfort with coconut oil.
32. Moisturizer: Apply on your whole body and treat it as a moisturizer.
33. Acne Treatment: Consuming coconut oil and applying it on your face can help get rid of acne.
34. Makeup Remover: Coconut oil can dissolve mascara and keeps face clean and moisturized.
35. Lip Balm: Melt ½ tablespoons of coconut oil with one teaspoon of beeswax and any essential oil you want.
36. Eyelash Treatment: This oil can prevent hair loss and eyelash breakage.
37. Hair Conditioner: Coat your hair with coconut oil the night before you take a shower.
38. Soap: You can make your own soap with coconut oil in a slow cooker.
39. Dandruff Remover: Massage coconut oil with rosemary oil to get rid of dandruff.
40. Shaving Cream: Apply coconut oil before you shave to avoid razor burn.
41. Aftershave: Coconut oil can calm the inflammation after you shave.
42. Lubricant: Instead of petroleum-based lubricants, coconut oil is better than other products.
43. Body Scrub: Coconut oil and sugar can be used as a body scrub.
44. Stretch Mark Remover: After taking a bath, use coconut oil to treat scars and stretch marks.
45. Varicose Vein Treatment: Massage coconut oil every day to deal with varicose veins.
46. Warts Remover: Cover with a band aid after applying coconut oil to your warts.
47. Cuticle Softener: Apply the oil to your dry cuticles.
48. Leather Polish: Apply on your shoes to let them shine.
49. Furniture Polish: A cheaper alternative to commercial wood polish, this type of polish can give your wood furniture extra shine.
50. Start a Fire: You do not have to bring a jug of gasoline to start a fire on your camping trip.
51. Massage Oil: Whether you are pregnant or you just want to go for a massage, you can use coconut oil for a great massage experience.
Coconut oil can be used for medicinal purposes, not just for cooking and as an ingredient. It can also be used as part of a beauty regime and to get rid of skin problems.