You already know that fruits are healthy. They offer benefits, including staving off illnesses like heart diseases and some cancers. But fruits, just like many other food and products, are not created equal.
Some are more nutritious than others. In the list below, you will find the fruit rankings based on their nutritional value as well as taste, price, and health benefits. Use this list to help you decide which fruit to eat next time.
10. Avocados: A favorite of many people, including vegetarians, avocados are indeed healthy. They come with nutrients, including:
- Dietary fiber
- Pantothenic acid
- Vitamin K
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin B5 and B6
Avocados are healthy, but eat them in moderation because this fruit is high in saturated fat. Nevertheless, this type of fat actually helps you absorb the nutrients you get from other plant foods.
9. Kiwis: When you think of vitamin C, the fruit that will usually come to mind is the orange. But kiwis have more of this vitamin than the more popular orange. Aside from this vitamin, kiwis also have:
- Vitamin A
8. Pomegranates: Although this fruit is not easy to eat, it is packed with nutrients that make it worth the effort. Pomegranates are rich in antioxidants – more than the ones from blueberries, green tea, red wine, and cranberries.
7. Apricots: Rich in iron and dietary fiber, apricots should be in your list of favorite fruits. One apricot comes with iron, vitamin A for your eyes, antioxidants, and nutrients that boost your immunity.
6. Berries: From strawberries to blueberries, these fruits are full of vitamin C and other antioxidants. They are good for everyone, including older people who are prone to macular degeneration and brain diseases, such as Alzheimer’s disease.Page 2