Peanut butter is popular in sandwiches, but it is more than just a spread. On its own, peanut butter is high in calories and fat. Despite this, it actually has a number of health benefits and is even recommended by nutritionists to add to a person’s diet.
You can incorporate peanut butter into your diet with the following techniques:
Peanut Butter Popcorn
- Eight cups of popcorn
- ½ cup of honey
- ½ cup of sugar
- ½ cup of peanut butter
- ¾ teaspoon of salt
1. Place all the popcorn in a large bowl.
2. Using a waxed paper, line your baking sheet.
3. Boil honey and sugar in a saucepan, making sure sugar is dissolved.
4. Cook the mixture until foamy and darker in color. This usually takes about three minutes.
5. Add the peanut butter and salt. Continue to stir until it becomes smooth.
6. Place the popcorn in the mixture until everything is coated.
7. Put the results in the sheet and let the popcorn cool down.
Rocky Road Treats
- 1 and a half cups of choco chips
- Six tablespoons of butter
- Two cups of pretzels, broken into pieces
- Two cups of small marshmallows
- One cup of roasted peanuts
1. In a saucepan, place the peanut butter, choco chips, and butter.
2. Cook in low heat and stir every once in a while until everything melted.
3. Let the mixture cool for about 15 minutes.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients and place them in a baking dish.
5. Refrigerate for about an hour or until set.
Roast Peanut Butter Chicken
- One tablespoon of butter, melted
- One tablespoon of peanut butter
- ¼ teaspoon of hot pepper sauce
- Chicken breast
- Salt and pepper
- One tablespoon of olive oil
1. Mix the butter and peanut butter, along what the hot sauce. Place in a small bowl. You can add more sauce if you want it to be spicier.
2. Spread the mixture on the chicken.
3. Season with salt and pepper and add the olive oil.
4. Start roasting the chicken at 425 degrees for about 30 minutes.
Inedible Ways to Use Peanut Butter
While peanut butter is food for you, there are actually ways that don’t involve eating:
1. Use as mouse trap bait.
2. Remove chewing gum from hair.
3. Get rid of fishy smell after cooking fish in the kitchen.
4. Use as a shaving cream.
5. Use to hide medication or a pill in a spoonful of peanut butter.
Whether you want to add peanut butter to your meal plans or you want to exploit the sandwich spread even more, try the tips mentioned above.