Health hacks are often surprising and sometimes quite strange, but most of them work. With a bit of science to back them up, here are the top health hacks you may want to try to feel better, become healthier, or achieve a health goal:
1. Stuffed Nose: Relieve pressure on your sinus by pressing your tongue against the roof of your mouth and press a finger between your eyebrows. Alternate this move to loosen nasal congestion.
2. Toothache: Scrub some ice on the back of your hand right at the webbed area between the index finger and the thumb.
3. Brain Freeze: Thrust your tongue against the roof of your mouth and apply as much pressure as you can to reduce the discomfort you feel faster.
4. Nosebleed: Use cotton and place it on your upper gums and press hard to eventually stop the bleeding.
5. Acid Reflux: Sleep on your left side if you think you will have another episode of acid reflux.
6. Nervousness: If you are nervous for a particular reason, you can calm yourself down by taking a deep breath and splashing your face with cold water.
7. Difficulty in Hearing: If you are at a noisy place where you cannot seem to hear the other person talking, lean in to that person with your right ear which can hear better than your left ear. This is especially true when you are struggling to hear rapid rhythms of speaking from another individual.
8. Difficulty in Swallowing: Sometimes, your supplements may be too difficult to swallow without you gagging. To prevent this from happening again, take the capsule, drink water, and move your head forward to let the pill float. It will then be at the back of your throat, giving you an easier time to swallow it.
9. Burns: Clean the burned skin, apply a bit of pressure, and use ice to let the pain go away.
10. Side Stitch: When you run, instead of exhaling when you put down your right foot, exhale when your left foot hits the ground.
11. Dizziness: A quick way to stop the world from spinning is to simply put your hand on a stable object.
12. Painful Needle Prick: If you will donate blood, cough by the time the needle sticks into you to lessen the pain.
13. Tickling Throat: Scratch your ear to create a throat reflex that leads to a muscle spasm.
14. No Bathroom: If you need to pee, but you cannot find a bathroom nearby, think about sex and other fantasies that arouse you.
15. Fast Heartbeat: Blow on your thumb to get your heart to return to its normal beating pace.
16. Nearsightedness: Close your eyes while keeping your body tensed and then take a deep breath. Release both your breath and muscles at the same time after a few seconds. Do this every few hours a day.
17. Underwater Breathing: While it is physically impossible to breathe underwater, you can add a few more seconds into your underwater stay by taking several short breaths first before you take a plunge.
18. Long-Term Memory: if you have a speech tomorrow, read it before you go to sleep, so the brain will recognize it as long-term memory.
19. Migraine: Pinch the back of the web of your hand for two minutes and repeat if necessary.
20. Trick: Have someone hold one arm to the side with the palm down and one foot is on a surface that is half an inch higher. Place your two fingers on his wrist and push him down. This misaligns your friend’s hips, causing his arm to bend.
21. Sleeping Limb: Rock your head from side to side to remove the pins and needles sensation that you are feeling.
22. Stress: Get a pen and paper and write down anything to relieve stress.
Although these hacks may be a bit odd for you, they are extremely effective, especially if you want a fast acting cure for your health situation.