Modern foods, along with other elements, can cause digestion problems. Many of the foods we have today are processed and with contents that may not be friendly to the stomach. These include gluten, lactose, acids, and sugar among others. There are also chemical additives that can lead to poor intestinal health. With the situation today, you should be able to choose the right foods that can help protect your digestive system, so you can achieve better health.
One of the ways to restore health is to switch to natural food diet. You can incorporate these yummy smoothies to your diet, so you can remove symptoms such as bloating, heart burn, excessive gas, irritable bowel syndrome, and ulcers.
Smoothies to Try
1. Prepare the following ingredients and blend them together to make the smoothie:
One quarter of chopped and skinless pineapple, medium size with the core still intact
- About 1/6th of a huge papaya
- ¼ to ¼ teaspoon of papaya seeds
- Three tablespoons of desiccated coconut
- One tablespoon of extra virgin coconut oil
- One teaspoon of triphala powder
- ½ inch of ginger rhizome
- Unflavored yogurt
You can also use coconut water instead of unflavored yogurt. This recipe is great for those with digestive problems. Make sure to drink this at least 30 minutes before a meal, especially if you will eat meat, wheat, or dairy.
2. Boost your digestive system by blending the following ingredients to make a healthy smoothie:
- One cup of frozen pineapple
- Two tablespoons of avocado
- ½ cup of coconut water
- ½ cup of water
- 1/4 cup of parsley
- One teaspoon of grated ginger
- ½ frozen banana
You can also use fresh ingredients instead of frozen ones. Add ¼ teaspoon of probiotic powder and a slice of lemon for garnish. This smoothie not only boosts the digestive system, but also your immunity.
3. If you have bloated stomach, here’s a smoothie that proves to be a good remedy for such problem:
- One papaya, cut into chunks
- ½ tablespoon of honey
- ½ cup of ice cubes
- Lemon juice
- ½ cup of Greek yogurt, nonfat
- ½ tablespoon of chopped ginger
- Four mint leaves
Keep two sprigs of mint leaves to use as garnish. This smoothie can help relieve digestion problems, including bloating and constipation because of the papaya fruit. Meanwhile Greek yogurt is an excellent source for probiotics.
Whether it is an upset stomach or a worse digestion problem, smoothies can help relieve them so you don’t have to take over-the-counter pills.