In a world where weight gain is a huge concern, both in appearance and health, many people are trying to seek out ways that can help them stop this problem. Ayurveda philosophy has been around for many years now and is one of the most trusted means of treatment for various conditions, including obesity.
Uncontrolled weight gain can lead to a number of diseases, including heart disease and hypertension. With Ayurveda, which is India’s old but principal system of medicine, there are healthy ways to stop weight gain.
1. You can fight obesity with exercise, but you should not just focus on the body. In fact, in order for the exercise to be effective in combating weight gain, you should also exercise your mind.
2. If you have been practicing yoga for some time now, you will be glad to know that there are yoga poses that are especially designed to help you lose weight easier, including yoga asanas such as:
• Trikon asana
• Surya Namaskar
• Bhujang asana
3. Aside from yoga, you can also turn to deep breathing exercises that can accelerate the effects of your weight loss strategy. These deep breathing techniques can include:
• Kapal bhati pranayama
• Bastrika pranayama
4. You should get enough sleep at night in order for you to lose weight fast. If you don’t, you might end up sleeping during daytime, which is actually something that you should avoid, according to Ayurveda philosophy.
5. Udvartana is a weight loss type of dry massage, which is considered a natural remedy for fighting obesity and weight gain. It not only helps you lose weight, but it also removes cellulite, eliminates fat molecules, removes toxins, and tones your skin.
6. Instead of drinking coffee in the morning, you should go for a glass of lukewarm water that has a few drops of lemon juice. Add half a teaspoon of honey as well to the mixture and drink before you consume anything.
7. If you haven’t heard about the mudra therapy, it is time for you to learn about it. Surya Mudra is an effective way to stop weight gain, according to Ayurveda. This is where you put your ring finger at the root of your thumb in which the latter will exert a bit of pressure on the former. This method can increase your body temperature and this will help you lose weight. It is very easy, so aim to do this at least 15 minutes every day.
For several years, most people who are trying to lose weight focus on what they eat. While Ayurveda does dictate some of the foods to eat and avoid, there are other methods that you should discover, including changing your habits and exercising regularly.