Watermelons are comprised of about 92% water and are mostly used to represent summer. However, this fruit is not only refreshing as it also comes with nutrients, including lycopene, antioxidants, vitamin A, vitamin C, and B6, potassium, and amino acids.
Whether you want to stay hydrated on a hot day or you want to simply enjoy and relax, here are smoothies that will help fill you up and even nourish you:
Blood-Cleansing Watermelon Smoothie
This red smoothie is naturally sweet with some benefits for your blood:
- Two cups of watermelon, sliced in chunks
- One beet
- One apple in cubes
- ¼ teaspoon of ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon of apple juice
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
Just put all the ingredients in the blender, mix, and you’re good to go. You can add more cayenne pepper if desired.
Filling Watermelon Smoothie
This smoothie is great as an afternoon snack to curb your food cravings. Instead of giving in to unhealthy snacks, this smoothie is a much better choice:
- Four cups of watermelon, cubed
- 10 strawberries, frozen
This smoothie is so easy and only has the two ingredients above. Start blending today.
Anti-Bloat Watermelon Smoothie or Juice
If you’re feeling bloated, help yourself de-bloat with this smoothie. The following ingredients will make two servings and you can complete this in just 10 minutes:
- Two cups of watermelon, cubed
- 1/3 cucumber without the peel
- Two celery stalks
- Three carrots, preferably medium-sized
- Two tablespoons of cilantro
- Horseradish or just the root
- ¼ cup of parsley
- ½ red pepper, seeded
If you want this in juice form, use a juicer to extract all the juices from the ingredients. For the smoothie, use a blender and make sure that the watermelon is at the bottom of the machine.
Minted Fruit Cocktail Juice with Watermelon
This juice will give you energy for the rest of the day.
- Two cups of watermelon, seeded and cut into cubes
- One apple, sliced and without peel and core
- One orange
- One teaspoon of lemon juice
- ½ cup of pineapple
- One sprig of mint
To juice, here are the steps:
- Juice the apple.
- Juice the orange.
- Finally, get the juice from the pineapple.
- Place the watermelon, mint, lemon juice, and the juices from the fruits above in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
Rehydrating Watermelon Smoothie
Quench your thirst and have your energy boosted with this smoothie:
- One cup of watermelon, cubed
- One cup of cantaloupe, cubed
- ½ cup of honeydew melon, also cubed
- One cup of strawberries, frozen
Whether you’re making juice or a smoothie, you will find that these recipes are not only easy, but also nutritious for you. With watermelon, along with the other healthy ingredients, you can never go wrong with these food options.