Lip hair can be embarrassing to most women. There are products that help remove this unwanted hair, but they are often expensive if not ineffective. Here’s the good news: you don’t need to visit a pro to get rid of your upper lip hair because there are home remedies that can actually solve your problem.
Top Hair Removal Options Straight from Your Home
Following are great home remedies you can try that can remove upper lip hair and unwanted hair in other parts of the body:
1. Scissors: Chances are you have a pair of scissors at home and yes, you can trim those unwanted hairs. However, this can be daunting yet this is one of the easiest and most obvious solutions for your upper lip hair.
2. Threading: Here’s another solution that you can try. You will need a loop of thread, which you only need to twist under your upper lip. Start uprooting the hair there and your problem is fixed, although temporary – usually 10 to 14 days.
3. Flour: One of the oldest methods for upper lip hair removal, flour can be used together with milk and turmeric. Here are the steps:
- In a bowl, put the flour along with the milk and turmeric powder.
- Mix the three until you have a thick paste.
- Place the paste on your upper lip and let it stay there for a while until it dries off.
- Peel the little mask. You can repeat if there are still more hairs to be removed.
4. Turmeric: Just like the recipe above, substitute water with milk. You don’t have to use flour. Just let the mixture dry on your upper lip for about 30 minutes. Rub the hardened material off and rinse. You can do this for a month and you will notice that the hairs grow thinner. Keep repeating and you will see no new growth takes place.
5. Sugar: You’ve probably heard about the use of sugar in removing unwanted hair. In fact, sugar is a common ingredient in waxing because it is not only effective in hair removal, but also prevents hair growth. Here’s what you should do:
- Heat sugar in a pan for about a minute.
- Squeeze lemon juice from one lemon.
- Continuously stir until you see a thick liquid.
- Remove from heat and let the mixture cool down for a bit.
- Once cool, place on your upper lip.
- Take a piece of cloth, place it on the mixture, and rub in circular motions.
- Just like in waxing, pull the cloth off very quickly. Make sure it is against the direction of your hair growth.
Try the options above if you don’t want to use commercial products or visit a parlor.