Love is grand: it’s full of excitement, it’s fulfilling, and what’s even better is that it is good for your health. Experts believe that romance can positively affect your overall well-being through the following benefits:
1. Love can give you more energy. Both emotional and physical love can lead to better mental and physical health. It can reenergize you when lazy afternoons are among your problems.
2. It can stimulate your mental health. As mentioned, love can improve your mental health. When you are happy, the blissful effects give your brain a boost by increasing the dopamine activity. You become more optimistic, energetic, and much healthier.
3. It fixes menstrual problems. If your menstrual cycle is irregular, making love is one remedy for problematic periods. Women who have sex at least once per week tend to have higher amounts of estrogen, which regulates their menstrual cycles.
4. Love boosts your immune system. Conflicts are a part of relationships. However, when you resolve those issues with your partner, this helps you have a better functioning immune system. Although it may not be easy at all times, arguing in the most loving way can bolster your immunity.
5. You don’t feel much pain. Just by holding your partner’s hand can reduce your feelings of pain. Research has discovered that those who experienced electric shocks felt less pain when they held their special someone’s hand after the incident.
6. You can become physically fit. If you take a look at recommendations on how to lose weight when working out, you will learn that most of them recommend that you have a gym buddy. There’s no one better to exercise with than your loving partner. Hit the gym or work out with your loved one and you will perspire more, from 12 to 15%.
7. Love improves your skin. When you are in love, you don’t get stressed too much. Therefore, it is quite rare for you to have acne. Fewer pimples and breakouts mean healthier looking skin.
8. It boosts your heart health. Since you don’t have to deal with stress, your happy relationship is your ticket to better heart health. It always helps if you are in a stable relationship where you are always smiling and laughing. This happiness can lower your chances of getting heart attacks.
9. Love can help you live a longer life. According to a study conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or CDC back in 2004, fewer death rates were discovered for people who are happily married. Researchers believe that this is due to less stress when people are in a relationship.
With these health benefits, it is without question that you should make room for love in order for you to have a healthy life.