Bananas have always been known to be a healthy fruit. You can eat them raw, you can add them to your baked goods, or you can juice them. When juicing bananas or making them into a smoothie, you can use either fresh or frozen fruits. If you want to have milk-like texture in your smoothie, you can use fresh bananas. On the other hand, if you want to make it creamy, malt-like and refreshing, frozen bananas are the better options.
Here are five of the best-tasting recipes that include the banana fruit:
Straight Banana Smoothie
To make this smoothie, have the following ingredients:
- Two bananas, frozen
- One tablespoon of honey
- One tablespoon of vanilla
- Half a cup of almond milk
When you have the ingredients, simply place them all in a blender and start the machine. You can use one pitted date instead of honey.
Heavenly Banana Blueberry Smoothie
Prepare the following ingredients:
- One banana, frozen, but thawed for up to 15 minutes
- 2/3 cup of blueberries, also frozen
- Half a cup of vanilla soy milk
- One and a half teaspoons of flax seed
- One cup of yogurt, fat-free
- One and a half teaspoons of honey
Follow the steps below to get the smoothie:
- Cut the banana into smaller pieces and place them into the blender.
- Add the other ingredients, except the blueberries.
- Blend at low speed and add the blueberries.
- Increase the speed until smooth.
This smoothie is not only refreshing, but also healthy as it comes with superfoods: bananas and blueberries.
Apple Banana Smoothie
Prepare the ingredients below:
- One banana, frozen
- Half a cup of orange juice
- A quarter of milk
- One apple, chopped, cored, and peeled
Steps for the smoothie:
- Simply combine the ingredients above. It is preferred that you use Gala apple for best results
- Blend until smooth.
Orange Banana Delight
The ingredients are as follows:
- One to one and a half bananas
- One and a half cups of orange juice
- One cup of strawberries, cut in half
- One tablespoon of lime juice
Here are the directions on how to make this smoothie:
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender.
- Process until desired texture is reached.
- You can refrigerate if you want.
Berries and Bananas
Here’s an easy recipe for those who love berries with the following ingredients:
- One cup of different berries, frozen
- One ripe banana, frozen
- Half a cup of vanilla yogurt, low-fat
- A quarter cup of orange juice
Just like the other smoothies, all you need to do is combine all the ingredients and process until smooth. You can also add a teaspoon of honey to taste.
Bananas are great for everyone. So if you’re new to the smoothie craze, bananas are among the recommended base ingredients.