Learning you have a heart disease is such a devastating news. But before you fall into hopelessness, there are effective ways to reverse your condition.
The Duke Center for Integrative Medicine developed a system that combines natural remedies to help get rid of this health threat. The best part about this solution is that it is so easy to do and it can lower your risk of heart attack up to 60%. You can say it’s even better than drugs and surgery. Without further ado, here’s how you can stop heart disease in its tracks:
Here are the most important changes you should do to your everyday diet:
- Consume green tea, which has powerful antioxidants that can lower your blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Consume fat less than 25% of the calories you eat. Eat monounsaturated fats as well as omega-3s, but avoid trans and saturated fats. Moderately consume omega-6.
- Use extra virgin olive oil for salads and as a substitute for margarine or butter. Avoid these two for your bread spreads as well.
- Eat more fiber, including whole wheat, oats, and beans.
- Eat fish, which contains omega-3 fatty acids that are good for your heart.
- Drink juices twice a day like orange juice, which has folic acid that reduces homocysteine and grape juice with antioxidants that promote a healthy heart.
- At least nine servings of fresh produce every day can give you phytochemicals that are good for the heart.
- Eat at least five ounces of nuts every week. Eat flaxseed as well.
- Drink one to three ounces of alcohol every day to prevent heart attacks.
- Consume soy protein, which can reduce cholesterol levels.
Other Lifestyle Changes
Apart from the addition and the removal of some foods in your diet, you also have to make the following changes:
- Start exercising, even if it’s just walking for 15 minutes two to three times a day.
- Stay away from stress, which can actually contribute to heart disease.
- Meditate daily. You can start by closing your eyes and focus on breathing for at least five minutes.
- Become more socially active. Have friends and family with you since having strong connections can help fight anxiety and depression.
- Take some supplements that contain folic acid, vitamin C, and vitamin B6. You should also up your intake of selenium, which is an antioxidant that can reduce bad cholesterol and blood clots.
Don’t forget to take advantage of natural remedies for heart attack you probably already know about. One example is garlic, which with just one clove daily can reduce your heart attack significantly.