If you often bake goodies, you will end up with a ton of egg whites. Before you decide to throw them away, those leftover egg whites have actually a lot use you’ve probably never thought about.
And what’s even better is that these uses are good for your health. The following are things you can do with egg whites that can even make you healthier:
For Healthier and Shinier Hair
Eggs are among the richest in proteins – the same ones that are found in your hair. This makes them great options for conditioning your hair as well as strengthening each hair strand. Here’s what you should do:
- Get the egg whites and put them in a bowl or a cup.
- Add a bit of olive oil.
- Apply to hair.
- Leave onto your hair for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse using warm water.
If you don’t like the smell, you can add two drops of scented oil to the mixture. Also, if your hair is really dry, you should have egg whites from at least two eggs.
For Your Face
Egg whites are good for fighting aging. Here are the steps on how to make the anti-aging cleanser:
- Place the egg whites in a bowl.
- Add a little bit of water.
- Start whisking for a minute or two.
- Wash the solution to your face.
- Rinse with water.
Doing this regularly can help reduce puffiness of your skin and even make your pores look smaller. If you want to make a mask instead of a cleanser for your face using egg whites, here are the ingredients you need:
- Egg white from one egg
- Half a tablespoon of honey
- Two teaspoons of lemon juice
With the three ingredients above ready, follow the steps below:
- Add two teaspoons of lemon juice to your egg white.
- Whisk the two ingredients to mix them well together.
- Add honey to the mixture above once it’s foamy.
- Whisk again to mix all three ingredients.
- Wash your face first with warm water.
- Apply the mask and leave for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
This mask is effective for removing acne and blackheads, while moisturizing and replenishing the nutrients on the face.
Egg whites have a sticky and thick base. If you have leftover egg whites, use them to remove dirt from your wallet, leather shoes, bags, and anything leather. Just scrub the egg whites gently onto your things and wipe off using a damp cloth. This will not only clean the surface, but also make it shinier and stronger as the whites give protection to the base covering of the leather.