Handedness is the authority of one hand over the other. You can be left-handed, right-handed, or even mixed handed, in which you are called ambidextrous. Most people though have a dominant hand and what’s surprising is that this can have an effect on the kind of lifestyle that should follow.
Based on the theory of brain dominance, it is said that every individual has a controlling hemisphere, which will determine the effective movement. For instance, if you are right-handed, your left hemisphere is more dominant and your right side of the body is stronger and more active.
Best Exercises Based on Your Dominant Hand
Brain dominance therapist and a naturopathic doctor Dr. Elmie Ragas explained that the dominant hand will tell you how you should move and exercise. When done correctly, you will be energized with what you have done; otherwise, the workout session will deplete you.
If you are right-handed, here are some exercises that are good for you:
1. Have a chair in front of you and hold it for support. Start lifting your right leg for a second and bring it down. Repeat at least five times and then you can switch with the other leg.
2. Lay down on the floor with your knees bent forward. Make sure that both of your knees are at a 90 degree angle and your hands are flat on the floor. Once in position, move your knees toward you. Repeat for at least five times.
3. Put your hands and your knees and on the floor. Ensure that your back is straight while doing this exercise. Now, lift your right leg and hold the position for about five seconds. Do the same with the other leg. Repeat at least three times.
Meanwhile, if you are left-handed, here are some back exercises that will benefit you:
1. Position your legs far apart from each other and should be much wider than your shoulders. Reach for as far down as you possibly can without adding tension to your upper body, as if you are a rag doll. Hold the position for a few seconds before straightening your back.
2. Stand straight and put your feet next to each other. Reach for your ankles and try to let your face touch your legs as you do the stretching.
It is also said that being right-handed will give you more energy if you face the north, while you should face south if you are a lefty. For instance, if you sleep, you should face the north if your dominant hand is your right.