Alkaline water is when the water has pH levels of around eight or nine, turning it into a base. Many advocates of this type of water claim that it can improve your health, especially since the body tends to become more acidic.
When your body is acidic, it can cause your immune system to be weaker, therefore resulting to susceptibility to illness. You can use a water ionizer to turn the water into alkaline by releasing supplements and chemicals into the liquid, but ionizers are quite expensive.
Thankfully, you can make your water alkaline without spending a lot of money.
Option 1: Calcium + Magnesium
- In a glass, have eight ounces of water, which can be distilled, purified, or filtered. Make sure it’s not tap water since this has added chemicals in it.
- Add sea calcium to the water, roughly 0.4 grams of the mineral.
- Then, add a magnesium capsule to the water.
- Mix with a spoon and drink.
Option 2: pH Drops
Simply add drops of pH from a kit, which has highly-concentrate minerals that are alkaline. Doing so can increase the alkalinity of the water. This method is beneficial for you if you want to drink alkaline water throughout the day while you’re outside, such as in your workplace.
Option 3: Lemon
This may be surprising since lemons are thought of as acidic, but this very cheap option has an alkaline effect on the body. This is a great choice if you are looking for a temporary method for DIY alkaline water. You can also choose lime if you don’t have lemons.
Option 4: Baking Soda
- Fill a glass with eight ounces of water or 0.237 liters.
- Add baking soda, which has high alkaline content.
- Mix baking soda with water well with a spoon or a stirring stick to increase the alkaline properties of the liquid.
This is a good option for everyone on a budget, except for those who are trying to lessen sodium consumption in their diet.
If you want to speed up the process, you can buy filtrations systems, such as water ionizer and ionizing water filter. These two are both user-friendly. Of the two though, the filter is a much cheaper option. There’s also another type of filter called reverse osmosis water filter or hyperfilter, which is also a nice choice and can be bought at hardware or home improvement stores.