Hydrogen peroxide or H2O2 chemically, is a popular disinfectant that is found in many households’ medicine cabinet, sometimes under the kitchen sink.
Oftentimes, it is used to sanitize small cuts or as a whitener for some items. But did you know that this little bottle actually has more uses than most of us realize? Here are the things you can do with hydrogen peroxide that you probably haven’t thought of:
1. You can use it to lighten your hair or to get that sun-bleached look (highlights). Spray hydrogen peroxide on slightly damp hair and leave it there for at least 10 minutes.
2. Mix baking soda and hydrogen peroxide to remove stains from the teeth. It helps if you use this daily and what’s even better is that this combination will not have a negative effect on your tooth enamel.
3. Get rid of bad breath by using hydrogen peroxide as a mouthwash. You only need a cap of the antiseptic and this can effectively kill germs.
4. Clean your things, including your toothbrush to once again kill the bacteria on your everyday items, particularly those found in the bathroom. This is quite useful on tile surfaces, toilet bowls, and bathtubs.
5. Soak your nails in the liquid, which can help whiten your nails.
6. Remove acne and even out your skin tone by using hydrogen peroxide to rinse your face.
7. Stop growth of fungi on any surface, such as the kitchen sink and glasscovers by spraying the liquid all over. This can also prevent or remove discoloration.
8. Soak your rags and sponges in hydrogen peroxide for at least 15 minutes. Doing so can help you effectively disinfect your dirty cleaning items.
9. You can also wash your fruits and vegetables using hydrogen peroxide. You only need to let the produce soak on the liquid for one to two minutes before you rinse them with water. This can remove contaminants, such as wax and dirt on fruits and veggies
10. When washing your clothes, use a cup of hydrogen peroxide, which you can use to soak your fabrics for at least 15 minutes. This will remove stains and help whiten your laundry without using other expensive commercial products.
Whether it is for cleaning or for beauty purposes, hydrogen peroxide is one of the most versatile items you should definitely have in your home. Now you don’t have to look at this bottle of antiseptic as merely a liquid that can clean your cuts and wounds.