Peaches are originally from northwest China and they belong to the stone fruit family, just like cherries, plums, and apricots. Peaches are known for being a low-calorie fruit with only 37 calories, which makes them wonderful snacks. They are also low in cholesterol, sodium, and saturated fat. They have health benefits that rival the other fruits that are considered to be the healthiest.
When you eat peaches, you could receive the following health advantages:
1. Peaches are rich in vitamins. The main reason why peaches are healthy is because they contain a lot of vitamins. They have vitamin A and beta-carotene, which can give you optimal vision. They also contain vitamin C, which is a widely known antioxidant that can help your immune system become much stronger. Peaches also have vitamins E and K, an antioxidant and a blood clotting helper respectively. You also get thiamin, vitamin B6, riboflavin, folate, pantothenic acid, and niacin from this fruit.
2. Peaches have fiber. The fruit has dietary fiber – about three grams of this nutrient. Fiber is essential to the body, so that you can easily digest your food. This also helps prevent constipation to allow you to regularly move your bowels. Fiber is also useful in eliminating bloating and promotes good colon health. When consumed regularly, peaches can regulate your cholesterol levels and is therefore a heart-friendly fruit.
3. Peaches have potassium. Another important benefit of eating peaches is that they contain high amounts of potassium. This mineral is essential in reducing diseases that are related to your kidneys. Potassium also lessens the risk of having ulcers. Aside from potassium, peaches have other minerals, including calcium, copper, zinc, phosphorus, manganese, and iron. All of these when combined can help your bones, nervous system, and red blood cells.
4. Peaches are good for your skin. Since this fruit contains antioxidants, particularly vitamin C, it is easier to fight wrinkles and have improved skin texture. Sun and pollution are two of the main causes of skin damage, but vitamin C can help prevent this from happening.
5. Peaches help prevent cancer. Cancer is a terrifying disease that can affect anyone. Thankfully, with antioxidant-rich foods, such as peaches, fighting cancer becomes a bit easier. Vitamin C, most especially, can help combat the free radicals that are known to cause cancer.
Consuming peaches and other fruits every day is recommended by health experts. This way, you can live a healthier life, while enjoying the sweetness peaches offer.