Our cravings are a result of the brain’s need for a reward; they are actually not a product of our need for food. Sugar cravings are fine when you can indulge for some time and stop yourself. However, if you binge on sugary foods, then you could get yourself in trouble.
There are tons of reasons why you should stop your sugar addiction and most of them involve your health:
- No essential nutrients
- Bad for your teeth
- Bad for your liver as sugar overload can cause non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
- Can cause insulin resistance, which can give way to diabetes
- Can cause cancer
- Can lead to obesity
- Raises cholesterol
- Increases heart disease risk
Stopping Your Sugar Addiction in Three Days
Too much sugar can increase obesity in your abdominal area, which can happen quickly in just 10 weeks. You want to get rid of your sugar cravings right away as they are not only bad for your health, but your appearance as well. To lose your addiction to the sweet stuff, you can follow this three-day detox plan. By the end of the detox process, you will become less inclined to consume sugary foods:
1. For breakfast, eat three scrambled eggs.
2. Have a snack before lunch and have some nuts.
3. For lunch, consume poached chicken breast with some baby greens. Add half an avocado for dessert.
4. In the afternoon, grab some sliced peppers and two tablespoons of hummus (spinach).
5. For dinner, eat edamame and salmon with stir fried mushrooms and broccoli.
1. You still eat three eggs, but this time, scramble them with sautéed spinach.
2. Snack on nuts like in the first day.
3. For lunch, have a tuna Niçoise salad.
4. Snack is the same as the first day.
5. For dinner, have some pork tenderloin and sautéed Brussels sprouts. Add some mushrooms, avocado, and lettuce salad.
1. Breakfast consists of three eggs and this time, it’s made into an omelet with sautéed spinach, tarragon, and shrimp.
2. Once again, snack on nuts.
3. For lunch, eat a grilled turkey burger that consists of lettuce, tomatoes, and sautéed mushrooms. Add some kale chips as well.
4. Sliced peppers and hummus are once again for your afternoon snack.
5. For dinner, bake cod with mixed greens and bok choy.
For your drinks, you can enjoy a cup of unsweetened black coffee for three days. If you need a caffeine boost, choose unsweetened green tea or herbal tea since you can have as much as you want. Make sure you drink at least 64 ounces of water every day.
The three-day sugar detox plan is low on carbs, but this is necessary because starchy foods are considered one of the biggest contributors to sugar addiction.