Coconut oil is probably the most popular product from coconut and you probably use it for cooking. It is considered one of the healthiest oils around due to its saturated fats. But coconut oil is not the only healthy thing that you can get from coconuts. In fact, you can get coconut water without any form of processing. It’s natural and healthy – just what the body needs. Drinking this for 14 days or two weeks can provide you with the following health benefits:
1. Prevents Hydration: Water is good, but so is coconut water. Instead of drinking sodas that are bad for your health and sugary fruit juices, coconut water is a better option. It contains electrolytes, along with important minerals, such as magnesium, sodium, phosphorus, potassium, and calcium. It’s also more ecological and a great substitute for bottled water.
2. Good for the Brain and Muscles: A cup of coconut water can give you 295mg of potassium, making it an even better source for the mineral than the banana. Potassium is an essential mineral for regulating your heartbeat as well as improving your muscle function. Potassium acts as an electrolyte that facilitates nerve transmission and improved cognitive and nervous system function.
3. Fights Aging: Coconut water contains cytokinins, which are a group of plant hormones that have an anti-aging effect on the cells.
4. Good for the Digestive System: Drinking coconut water for at least 14 days can prevent digestion and stomach problems, including dysentery, constipation, stomach flu, and even parasites. The bioactive enzymes in coconut water can help you with food absorption, while allowing your stomach to digest food easier.
5. Boosts Immunity: You can avoid getting sick by drinking more coconut water regularly. It can boost the immune system, so you can fight infections more effectively. Lauric acid, which is a type of fatty acid found in coconut water, has antifungal, antiviral, and antibacterial properties. This fatty acid has actually been proven to be useful in getting rid of candida albicans, hepatitis C, and herpes among others.
Coconut water is good for people with high blood pressure and high cholesterol. This high-potassium liquid has great effects on people who have high sodium diet. Meanwhile, if you have high cholesterol, drink coconut water to lower your LDL cholesterol as well as your total triglycerides. Consume it for 14 days and continue drinking until it becomes a part of your routine. With the health benefits, you know it’s worth it.