A bowl of tomato soup seems like an American classic, but many other countries, such as Spain and Poland love this refreshing soup as well. By adding a few ingredients, this traditional soup can be elevated into something powerful – a cancer-fighting remedy.
No one wants to hear a cancer diagnosis from their doctor, but statistics show that one in three Americans could get the frightening disease at some point. But this soup can reduce your risk and even treat cancer, along with other health problems.
You will need the following ingredients for this 15-minute soup:
- One can of diced tomatoes
- ¾ cup of cherry tomatoes, fresh, rinsed, and halved
- One onion, minced
- Two garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup of vegetable stock, low in salt
- One teaspoon of virgin coconut oil
- Two teaspoons of turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon of Himalayan salt
- One tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- One teaspoon of basil, dried
- Ground black pepper
Make sure that you don’t get rid of the sauce from the diced tomatoes. When the ingredients are ready, here are the steps to follow:
- Turn the stove into medium heat.
- Start frying the onion and garlic cloves using a saucepan. Do this for about a minute.
- Once fried, add the turmeric powder and the cherry tomatoes.
- When the tomatoes are soft, add the can of tomatoes, the vegetable stock, and the apple cider vinegar. Add the dried basil as well and bring them to a boil.
- Turn the heat down to low and let the soup simmer for about five minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir the soup until it is smooth.
- Add the freshly ground black pepper to taste.
The secret to the power of this soup is in its ingredients:
It’s widely known that turmeric can fight inflammation, which is the root cause of many major diseases, including cancer, arthritis, and heart disease. Turmeric has curcumin, which has anti-cancer properties that can help stop the progress of colon and breast cancers, as well as melanoma and leukemia.
This one also fights inflammation and with this partnered with turmeric, it can increase curcumin’s bioavailability by up to 2000%.
Lycopene is a carotenoid antioxidant found in tomatoes and this helps control inflammation, protects the body against various cancers, and strengthens our cardiovascular health.
Add this soup to your diet at least twice a week to prevent chronic inflammation, which can lead to different health problems including cancer, heart disease, multiple sclerosis, and diabetes.