Inflammation occurs because it is a natural response of our immune system due to negative factors, including damaged cells and invading chemicals and pathogens. Although natural and often necessary, inflammation that happens chronically and for long periods of time can actually be harmful to the body.
Over time, inflammation that occurs recurrently can cause diseases, such as arthritis, heart disease, and cancer.
There are many causes of inflammation, such as:
- Lack of exercise
- Toxin buildup
Exposure to toxins plays a huge role in inflammation since we are exposed to chemicals every day and almost everywhere we go.
Aside from this, there are foods that can trigger an inflammatory response, including animal fats, dairy, processed foods, alcohol, and sugary foods. It is time to change your diet by eliminating those inflammation-causing foods and adding this smoothie to your meal plan instead. Here are the ingredients for this recipe:
- One teaspoon of turmeric powder
- One cup of pineapples, diced and frozen
- One tablespoon of chia seeds
- One cup of coconut water
- One pinch of black pepper
- Half of lime, peeled
- One tablespoon of coconut, shredded
Just like any other smoothie, simply process the above ingredients into your blender. Drink this every day to get rid of inflammatory problems.
If you’re into healthy eating, you will notice that the recipe has good-for-you ingredients, including popular superfoods turmeric and chia seeds. Each ingredient comes with benefits that will surely help you get rid of toxin buildup and avoid inflammation:
• Turmeric: Already quite popular as an anti-inflammatory food, turmeric contains curcumin, a compound that generates antioxidants known as curcuminoids. Antioxidants like these curcuminoids help get rid of free radicals that remove pain and inflammation.
• Pineapples: This fruit has bromelain, which is a chemical that naturally reduces inflammation in the body.
• Chia Seeds: These small seeds lower bad cholesterol levels, helping you reduce the risk of heart attacks, strokes, and inflammation.
• Coconut Meat and Water: Coconut has lauric acid that also fights inflammation. Plus, both meat and water come with antioxidants.
• Lime: Lime has anti-inflammatory benefits and can even aid you in having a healthy digestive tract and liver, making it a perfect food for detoxing.
• Black Pepper: This ingredient is also a good anti-inflammatory agent, along with its anti-bacterial and antioxidant properties.
Drink the smoothie to kickstart your day, so you have the energy you need. Aside from fighting inflammation, it is also good for your metabolism and can help give you clearer skin.